ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 change of employer-UKVI email with wrong info

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 2 change of employer-UKVI email with wrong info

Post by jvjroop » Mon May 18, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi

i applied for Tier 2(general) leave to remain for change of employer in the beginning for this month. i used the 'extend' option online within UK. I got an email fron UKVI, sheffield saying that they recieved my application and mentioned 'I am writing in relation to your application you have submitted for leave to remain under Tier 2 General in the United Kingdom on the basis of employment with 'Employer' and application reference number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx/00'. And they reqested few non-mandatory documents if they are applicable for me to ease the processing time.
But the employment they mentioned with 'Employer', is my current/the employer i am leaving !
I assume this a mistake by them ? i replied saying that i applied for change of employer, not with this employer which is my current employer and uploaded the application that was submitted.
Can this type of mistakes happen? did it happen to anyone? or is this a mixup from my previous application for extenson under my current employer which i did in december 2019?

Thanks.

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Re: Tier 2 change of employer-UKVI email with wrong info

Post by ejz127 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:29 am

I think you've chosen a wrong option. Extension is you extend a visa under the same employer. As you're chaning an employer, it's a new application I believe.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Tue May 19, 2020 7:05 am

Hi, within UK to change employer it is the same application as to extend or switch, am I right? These are the 2 options available within UK and few of my other friends did the same. Experts, please let me know.
Thanks

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Thu May 21, 2020 10:06 am

Hi
did any one applied for Tier 2 during this covid period got email from 'contingency document return@homeoffice' asking for documents ?
Thanks

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Mon May 25, 2020 10:17 am

raj_262920 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:06 pm
Hi

i applied for Tier 2(general) leave to remain for change of employer in the beginning for this month. i used the 'extend' option online within UK. I got an email fron UKVI, sheffield saying that they recieved my application and mentioned 'I am writing in relation to your application you have submitted for leave to remain under Tier 2 General in the United Kingdom on the basis of employment with 'Employer' and application reference number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx/00'. And they reqested few non-mandatory documents if they are applicable for me to ease the processing time.
But the employment they mentioned with 'Employer', is my current/the employer i am leaving !
I assume this a mistake by them ? i replied saying that i applied for change of employer, not with this employer which is my current employer and uploaded the application that was submitted.
Can this type of mistakes happen? did it happen to anyone? or is this a mixup from my previous application for extenson under my current employer which i did in december 2019?

Thanks.
Hi
anyone who applied for Tier 2 general especially changing employer, please share or let me know if they recieve email from WandScontingencydocumentreturn@homeoffice please?
Thanks

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Thu May 28, 2020 9:52 am

raj_262920 wrote:
Hi

Thanks.
Hi
i didnt get any reply from them after i asked for clarity on this and i also attached my application. just over thinking, is the applicaton that we download at the last step of application, 'in further actions' page, is definetly the one that is submitted right ?
thanks

krishna_nath
Newly Registered

Post by krishna_nath » Sat May 30, 2020 12:27 pm

I am also changing employer. What I understand from HR, it will be a new Application (Not extension) and dependants need not to apply at same time, they can extend their VISA once it gets over for them.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Sun May 31, 2020 10:30 am

krishna_nath wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:27 pm
I am also changing employer. What I understand from HR, it will be a new Application (Not extension) and dependants need not to apply at same time, they can extend their VISA once it gets over for them.
Hi
people are confused of this, if you see above the first reply i get from this post is that i have to make new application, not extend, !, yes, it is a new application, within UK if you have to fill a Tier 2 G application the only link avialable is within the Tier 2 G ext/swtich page. if you go to that application link it is the same application either to extend or switch. And to change employer, 'new application' within UK in this context means, you have to fill that same application with new sponsor details and submit.
Thanks

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Sun May 31, 2020 10:33 am

raj_262920 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:30 am
krishna_nath wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:27 pm
Hi
people are confused of this, if you see above the first reply i get from this post is that i have to make new application, not extend, !, yes, it is a new application, within UK if you have to fill a Tier 2 G application the only link avialable is within the Tier 2 G ext/swtich page. if you go to that application link it is the same application either to extend or switch. And to change employer, 'new application' within UK in this context means, you have to fill that same application with new sponsor details and submit. There is no seperate application that you can fill specifically for changing employer. I beleive your CoS will say that your T2 (general-changes in employment-isc..) which says that you are changing employers.
Thanks

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:52 am

hi
Does any one know that the CoS we eneter in T2G application is automatically detected by the application system, like the way it does for the Sponsor. e.g. when we input sponsor license number it automatically detects and gives the name of the sponsor, like that will it also detect CoS associated to the sponsor when we enter it i n the application ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:54 am

The form asks for the CoS details. Nothing is automatic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:57 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:54 am
The form asks for the CoS details. Nothing is automatic.
Hi, thanks, so it takes any 11 digit number we give as CoS ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:00 am

You need to give the appropriate number of the CoS you have been assigned.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:34 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:00 am
You need to give the appropriate number of the CoS you have been assigned.
Hi, sorry, just trying access again regarding the above query i made about that email from homeoffice with an error. If the application that i download at the end of the application process is the one that is submitted !!, i didnt make any mistake. my sponsor details are all correct. Trying to think how can they menton my current employer in that email? If the CoS is correctly mentioned, which i did, they should see it right?
Thanks

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:44 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Hi

Thanks.
Any comment on this by experts/moderators ?
Thanks

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:50 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Hi

Thanks.
Hi,
how worried i should be about this ? i keep staring at my application form where all the info is correct. i am getting paranoid that wheather i am seeing something and something else being submitted ! And these generic email does not reply back clarifying. Can i be sure and not worried as everything that shows to me as submitted application with UAN and payment reference has correct information that i wanted it to be?
Thanks

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:02 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:50 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
Hi

Thanks.
Hi,
how worried i should be about this ? i keep staring at my application form where all the info is correct. i am getting paranoid that wheather i am seeing something and something else being submitted ! And these generic email does not reply back clarifying. Can i be sure and not worried as everything that shows to me as submitted application with UAN and payment reference has correct information that i wanted it to be?
Thanks

Hello,
I don't think anyone here would know the answer. Maybe you can call the home office about your query.
Thanks.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:10 pm

ejz127 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:02 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:
Hi

Thanks.
Hi,
Thanks

Hello,
I don't think anyone here would know the answer. Maybe you can call the home office about your query.
Thanks.
yes, i called the UKVI number and asked them and they said they cannot see the application and have to wait for them to reply, which doesnt help me.

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:10 pm
ejz127 wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:
Hi

Thanks.
Hi,
Thanks

Hello,
Thanks.
yes, i called the UKVI number and asked them and they said they cannot see the application and have to wait for them to reply, which doesnt help me.
How come can they not see your application?
When I made my first tier 2 application, i called them and gave my application number and stuff and they advised me of its decision status. If the HO cannot give you the answer, I doubt if anyone here knows what's going on as we cannot see the application and etc. Sorry.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:11 pm

ejz127 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
ejz127 wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:

Hi,
Thanks

Hello,
Thanks.

When I made my first tier 2 application, i called them and gave my application number and stuff and they advised me of its decision status. If the HO cannot give you the answer, I doubt if anyone here knows what's going on as we cannot see the application and etc. Sorry.
The UKVI contact numbers can only tell you the status of your application, they cannot see inside your application, they can see your application status. thats what they did to you. They can only tell you the status, that too, wheather your application has been descided or still pending, thats it, nothing else. anyhow, i started to beleive that it is their mistake as i dont see anything wrong with my application.

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:17 am

raj_262920 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:11 pm
ejz127 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
ejz127 wrote:

Hello,
Thanks.

The UKVI contact numbers can only tell you the status of your application, they cannot see inside your application, they can see your application status. thats what they did to you. They can only tell you the status, that too, wheather your application has been descided or still pending, thats it, nothing else. anyhow, i started to beleive that it is their mistake as i dont see anything wrong with my application.
I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me.
I hope that's the case too. Wish the best!
Thank you.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:06 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Hi

Thanks.
Hi
Even after 3 emails to the WandScontingency email, attaching my application form and CoS, they didnot reply or clarify on the above matter. As i beleive that i didnt do anything wrong, can i make a complaint in the website?
Just to make sure, pease let me know if i did anything wrong,
I already had a T2G visa for the full 6 year period which will be end of sept 2021 with my current employer. i recieved a new CoS from my new sponsor, i made an a T2G application using extend online link, with the new CoS and sponsor details. i have the payment succesfull email and all the information in my VAF that i downloaded from the link in the confirmation email are correct !
i would like to make a compaint because of wrong information and unclear or poor communication
any suggestions? or am i just over-reacting ? will complaining affect my application?
Thanks

hp257
Newly Registered
China

Post by hp257 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi just wondering if you have received any feedback from UKVI?

I also applied to change tier 2 employers via the extension page. As far as I understand, "switch" means to switch from another category (e.g. tier 1, tier 4, etc), not to switch from another employer. Besides, the application link on both extension and switch pages lead to the same page, and on that page, it states "Apply to extend or switch to remain in the UK under Tier 2 (General)". I don't remember there is any option during the application process regarding whether we extend or switch? So I think we should have done the correct thing.

hp257
Newly Registered
China

Post by hp257 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:54 pm

hp257 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:32 pm

I also applied to change tier 2 employers via the extension page. As far as I understand, "switch" means to switch from another category (e.g. tier 1, tier 4, etc), not to switch from another employer. Besides, the application link on both extension and switch pages lead to the same page, and on that page, it states "Apply to extend or switch to remain in the UK under Tier 2 (General)". I don't remember there is any option during the application process regarding whether we extend or switch? So I think we should have done the correct thing.
I received an email from the W&S team to request a mandatory document literally a few minutes after posting my last reply. They mentioned the correct employer name in their email, so perhaps provide some evidence for the above :) Hope this helps!

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:38 pm

hp257 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:54 pm
hp257 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:32 pm

I received an email from the W&S team to request a mandatory document literally a few minutes after posting my last reply. They mentioned the correct employer name in their email, so perhaps provide some evidence for the above :) Hope this helps!
hi
thanks, i believe this was their mistake in my case. it does seem they write correctly in few emals like yours. For some applicants they dont even mention the employer name, they just write without the name. They are quite inconsistent with it. I replied immeditaley and recently attaching my CoS and application form saying that was not i applied for which they mentioned in their email. no replies, no clarifications. I have mentioned my new CoS corectly in the application form which is why i beleive that is their mistake.