ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query for passport expiry with valid BRP (Tier 2)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Query for passport expiry with valid BRP (Tier 2)

Post by lancsmedic » Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 pm

Dear friends, hope everyone are well and safe.
My current foreign passport will expire in August 2020, and my Tier 2 BRP will expire in August 2022.
My country's embassy may be unable to arrange a new passport until after the expiry of my passport because of the coronavirus situation and I cannot get leave to travel because of my heavy working schedule in the NHS.
Would my current immigration status as a Tier 2 doctor be affected if I stay and work in the UK with an expired passport and valid BRP?
Would I be alright to receive my new passport after it's expiry without affecting my future ILR application?
Thanks again and hope everyone remains safe and well!

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Query for passport expiry with valid BRP (Tier 2)

Post by lolo2 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:25 pm

It doesn't matter if your passport expires while you're a valid BRP holder. An expired passport (or due to expire soon) only prevents you to travel abroad. It doesn't affect any future ILR application either.

As long as you apply for a new one once your embassy opens again you'll be fine.