ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need clarification on OCI and PIO

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dvkboy
Newly Registered

Need clarification on OCI and PIO

Post by dvkboy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:12 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

Myself and my wife is Indian citizens holding Indian passport.

My Son was borned in California and he is 7 yeas old, having US Passport.

First we applied PIO card for him and was issued on 05-APR-06.

Then we applied Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) card for him. After the registration status was granted, we sent his US Passport and PIO Card to Sanfransico to get OCI booklet and 'U' stamp on his passport and the OCI booklet was issued on 12-OCT-2006 and the 'U' sticker was attached in his expired USA passport. Then we received his OCI booklet, 'U' Sticker in US Passport and PIO card from Sanfransico Indian Consulte.

Date of Acknowledgement : 06-OCT-2006
Registration Status : Granted on 11-OCT-2006
Photo/Signature : Scanned on 11-OCT-2006
Document Printing Status : PRINTED
Document Printed on : 12-OCT-2006
Document Dispatched From Delhi on : 13-OCT-2006
Document Received at SAN FRANCISCO on: 20-OCT-2006
'U' Sticker Date of Issue : 12-OCT-2006

So my son is holding PIO Card, OCI Booklet, 'U' sticker in expired USA Passport and the current USA Passport.

Now we are planning our trip to India.

My Questions:-

1) The OCI sticker applied on his expired US Passport. Is it required to transfer 'U' sticker from his expired US passport to current US passport? (OR) Can he travel to India without transfer the 'U' from his expired US Passport to current US passport?
2) Can he travel to India without any issue?
3) Is his PIO card still valid? Can he use PIO card at the time of port of entry in India?
4) What are all the documents he has to show at the time of port of entry in India?
5) On behalf of my son, do I need to contact Indian embassy at the time of port of entry in India?

Your earliest reply will be appreciated.

Thanks
DVKBOY

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:40 am

Wrong forum to post your message; this forum is related to UK immigration. There is a separate forum for US immigration where hopefully you will be able to get a quick response for your queries.