ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse extension FLR(M) or FLR(FP)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abelardp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse extension FLR(M) or FLR(FP)

Post by abelardp » Tue May 26, 2020 9:28 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this seems daft - when my wife got her first spouse visa almost 2.5 years ago, coming to join me in the UK from outside, I imagine we must have used the FM application? We're trying to find the original acceptance letter, which we recall mentioned both 5 and 10 years (maybe it mentioned 5 years till ILR, then another 5 years to citizenship?).

Is there any chance we would have been given the FP route (10 years), or is it safe to assume that a spouse visa granted would have been M, and therefore we must use FLR(M) to apply for extension?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse extension FLR(M) or FLR(FP)

Post by seagul » Tue May 26, 2020 9:31 pm

abelardp wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:28 pm
Hi,

Sorry if this seems daft - when my wife got her first spouse visa almost 2.5 years ago, coming to join me in the UK from outside, I imagine we must have used the FM application? We're trying to find the original acceptance letter, which we recall mentioned both 5 and 10 years (maybe it mentioned 5 years till ILR, then another 5 years to citizenship?).

Is there any chance we would have been given the FP route (10 years), or is it safe to assume that a spouse visa granted would have been M, and therefore we must use FLR(M) to apply for extension?

Thanks
Flrfp is only issued from UK. However, you should refer to the decision letter accompanied with entry clearance vignette.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

abelardp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abelardp » Tue May 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Thanks - I fear that the decision letter may have been lost during a house move.

abelardp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abelardp » Tue May 26, 2020 9:39 pm

Sorry, one more question, if the visa expires in early July, and we apply online now, when we get an appointment to drop off the supporting docs, is it a time window of 28 days before that appointment that bank statements/letter/etc should be dated? so, in other words, apply now online, then collect items in June to give towards end of June?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue May 26, 2020 9:54 pm

abelardp wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:39 pm
Sorry, one more question, if the visa expires in early July, and we apply online now, when we get an appointment to drop off the supporting docs, is it a time window of 28 days before that appointment that bank statements/letter/etc should be dated? so, in other words, apply now online, then collect items in June to give towards end of June?
These should be no dated earlier than 28 days from the date of application instead date of biometrics which can even be after the visa expiry. Once you will submit the application then will be referred/redirected to ukvcas website to book an appointment to enrol your biometrics. Interestingly you can carry on uploading your supporting documents until the day of your biometrics with them (if you choose self upload).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

abelardp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abelardp » Tue May 26, 2020 10:00 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:54 pm
abelardp wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:39 pm
These should be no dated earlier than 28 days from the date of application instead date of biometrics which can even be after the visa expiry. Once you will submit the application then will be referred/redirected to ukvcas website to book an appointment to enrol your biometrics. Interestingly you can carry on uploading your supporting documents until the day of your biometrics with them (if you choose self upload).
So they can be dated after the application date? For example, apply today and then get letters/statements dated in June?
And if you don't self upload, you take all documents with you to the centre for the appointment, and they scan/take them on that date?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue May 26, 2020 10:13 pm

abelardp wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:00 pm
So they can be dated after the application date? For example, apply today and then get letters/statements dated in June?
Nope. If apply today then should be dated until today and the latest payslip, bank statement, employer letter must not be older than 28 days from today. For example if you apply today then these should be dated between 28/04/20 - 26/05/20. Hope it clears now.
abelardp wrote:
And if you don't self upload, you take all documents with you to the centre for the appointment, and they scan/take them on that date?
Yes
Last edited by seagul on Tue May 26, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abelardp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abelardp » Tue May 26, 2020 10:15 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:13 pm
abelardp wrote:
Nope. If apply today then should be dated until today and the latest payslip, bank statement, employer letter must not be older than 28 days from today.
abelardp wrote:
Yes
Thanks - and you can apply any day up to the date of visa expiry (even if biometric appointment will be after the expiry?)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue May 26, 2020 10:17 pm

abelardp wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:15 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:13 pm
abelardp wrote:
Nope. If apply today then should be dated until today and the latest payslip, bank statement, employer letter must not be older than 28 days from today.
abelardp wrote:
Yes
Thanks - and you can apply any day up to the date of visa expiry (even if biometric appointment will be after the expiry?)
Correct. Ideally first make sure to get all documents in hand before submission of application but strictly before expiry.

abelardp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abelardp » Tue May 26, 2020 10:26 pm

Thank you very much for your help. I imagine some people may have applied a couple of months ago, and haven;t been able to make an appointment yet due to centre closures (due to Covid-19), so by the time they submit documents they could be several months out of date?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue May 26, 2020 10:42 pm

abelardp wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:26 pm
so by the time they submit documents they could be several months out of date?
Yes but still the date of application will matter and if these were in compliance with when the application was submitted then there won't be any issue.

brother88
United Kingdom

Post by brother88 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:44 am

abelardp wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:28 pm
Hi,

Thanks

are you naturalised british or settled?

abelardp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abelardp » Wed May 27, 2020 10:51 am

I've been British my whole life, and born here.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed May 27, 2020 11:21 am

abelardp wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:51 am
I've been British my whole life, and born here.
brother88 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:44 am
are you naturalised british or settled?

It won't make any difference to spouse visa process & requirement.