ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply alone or with Dependants ... Please help ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irahmany
Newly Registered

Apply alone or with Dependants ... Please help ???

Post by irahmany » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:37 pm

HI All,

I am all-set, everything in hand to apply for the Tier 1 visa. Can anyone tell me ,, will it be ideal to apply together with my depedants (6 nos) or alone initially ???

My maintenance funds are all set for the myself+all dependants.

in my thoughts I don't want to take much risk as the Visa Fee is so high, I want to apply alone and once I get an approval I proceed with my dependants ???? what do you think ???? please help me

:shock:

poi
Newly Registered

Post by poi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:45 pm

The price is the same if you apply alone or with family. On the contrary, if your family apply without you, each of them will need to pay a few.

irahmany
Newly Registered

Post by irahmany » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:51 pm

[quote="poi"]The price is the same if you apply alone or with family. On the contrary, if your family apply without you, each of them will need to pay a few.[/quote]

Prices are 600 for each of the applicant ... means 600 for myself and 600x6 for my dependants ... what if my case is refused ????

poi
Newly Registered

Post by poi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:03 pm

May be my post was misleading. When applying in UK, there is no fee for dependants if they apply together with the main applicant. Probably, for external applications the conditions are different. I thought it is the same.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:55 pm

Please do not clutter the board with duplicate posts. Be patient and you'll get responses if people have suggestions / feedback to offer (responding to queries is voluntary). Reading this will be useful.

Coming back to your question - Honestly, the choice is yours and depends on your circumstances.

Whether you want to come to UK on your first, make efforts to become economically active and once you've settled down (a job + place to live) the get your family to join you. Or you want them to come along with you in the very beginning itself.

If your kids go to school, their education is also a priority. Maybe you would want them to contniue their studies in Afganistan until such time that you know for sure that you have relocated to UK for good (or long-term) and can maintain a family here. You might also want to get your children to UK closer to the start of academic session in schools, so they don't lose out on a year!

In a nutshell, it is up to you!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:03 pm

poi wrote:May be my post was misleading.
It definitely is! If you want to respond to a query, offer the right information - please do not make presumptions because someone might end up paying a price for your mistake.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

irahmany
Newly Registered

Post by irahmany » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:08 am

Thanx sushmehta ... First of all i am sorry for the duplicate posts .. I am a new member of the forum, will be careful next time.

The information is so clear and indeed helpful. I have to consider all aspects the schools and even I am expecting a child in recent days.

As per UKBA they say ... " You want to make UK your home " My question was which one is the best option in HO point of view ??? Alone or with Dependants.

Although i have arranged the neccessary maintenance fund since last 3 months, but My basic idea is that I apply alone ... go there .. get a job .. find out suitable accomodation and then carry on with my dependants case.

Your suggestions ???

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Post by nishantchawla » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:40 am

Even I was thinking of applying for myself first, and if the application is successful, then apply for my wife. Now, have a lot of doubts about this.

1. Can I apply first and if my Visa is successful then apply for my wife?
I was thinking if my visa application gets rejected for any reason, then I can save the application fee for my wife. Are my thoughts correct?

2. Also, is there to be any time gap between the two visa applications (mine and my dependents) if I apply separately.

Please advice.

irahmany
Newly Registered

Post by irahmany » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 am

nishantchawla, first you must be confident on your application ... I mean apply when you are 100% confident with yourself.

About the question, if I had only a wife or maybe 1 or 2 Children I would have applied with my dependants, as this is not a big risk. In my particular case, I have 4 children and one expected baby. Although I have arranged the maintenance funds, which is all what is required for your dependants to join you the rest is upon your application.

As sushdmehta suggested earlier, It is all upto your decision. But in your case, I suggest you first make it sure that your case is 100% ok and then carry on together with your wife.

I am just looking for someone who can advise on what is BETTER to the Home Office, which Options:

a. Alone or
b. with Dependants ???

I hope that's helpful.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:32 am

Applying alone is definitely better.

If you apply with dependents you risk losing additional GBP 600*6 = 3600 GBP.

Visa Officers definitely understand this, and there hasn't been a refusal thus far because " an applicant did not apply with his dependents".

In summary: Apply alone first. After your app. approval, file in dependents' applications.

irahmany
Newly Registered

Post by irahmany » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:35 pm

[quote="CoolestGuyC"]Applying alone is definitely better. [/quote]

Wonderful, Thank you.

Should I mention that in my Cover Letter & in the additional information section of the application form. That I want to apply alone to "make efforts to become economically active and settled down (a job + place to live) etc. " ???? as sushdmehta described above.

or something else ... please advise.

irahmany
Newly Registered

Post by irahmany » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:37 pm

I mean, what can be a good reason to mention that I am not applying for my dependants with my application or I am applying later for my dependants.

Any good wording or phrases please ???