ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RSA high commision in london - passport HELP!

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wv_girl
Newly Registered

RSA high commision in london - passport HELP!

Post by wv_girl » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:01 am

Hi there

i have JUST noticed my passport as well as my daughter's have expired (was back home only recently - DOH!). I hear the only way to reliably get a renewel is to trek down to the high commission in london. I live in london but it is such a schlep to get down to trafalgar square with kids! but ach sounds like the only thing to do.

I do have a couple of queries if people have experience: Can you help me??:

- as i have european citizenship (and passport) by birth right: do i need to get this document to say i have permission or whatever?? has anyone who has dual done this? I've had my european passport for ages but always exit/enter SA using my SA passport.

- can i get my fingerprints done at the same time as the application? (on the website its 3-4pm only ...what if appointment is 11am???)

- do i need my id book? (i think mine is at home actually)

- I need to certify a copy of my passport. Can I get that done at the high commission if I dont have a appointment?

- does anyone know if a minor can enter the country on a foreign passport? I understand it would be illegal for me.
- Finally i have an appoitment early in Oct but am have already bought tickets for early dec - is there any chance they would speed it up ???

cheers for helping me out with my blond-esque queries!
an