ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

OphirE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Absence Letters

Post by OphirE » Fri May 29, 2020 5:23 pm

Dear members,

My father and I are currently applying for ILR after living here for 5 years under his Tier 2 work visa.
I have tried searching the boards, but am new here and could not find anything exact so am trying to post, sorry if this has been asked/answered before.

Can someone please explain what exactly is needed with the absence letters? If I understand correctly, my father needs some letter from his employers here (he has changed jobs once), confirming all his absences were authorized. My questions are:

1. Does this letter have to include all the dates he has been away (which we are providing regardless as part of the application), or just generally that all absences have been authorized?

2. Do we need to supply any other letters detailing absences, or is the employer one all that is needed?

3. slightly related - we are getting mixed signals about dependent absences. Some have said that I (over 18) do not have the 180 days away limit as a dependent, but some say I do? Would like to figure this out before paying all that money for my application.

Thank you in advance,
Ophir

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Absence Letters

Post by CR001 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:34 pm

My father and I are currently applying for ILR after living here for 5 years under his Tier 2 work visa.
Where is your mother and what is her UK immigration status??
1. Does this letter have to include all the dates he has been away (which we are providing regardless as part of the application), or just generally that all absences have been authorized?
He needs the letters from each employer he has had. They are mandatory. Example in link below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 52143.html
2. Do we need to supply any other letters detailing absences, or is the employer one all that is needed?
He needs the employer letter detailing his job specifics like salary, soc, date started and still required for the foreseeable future. This is also mandatory. Example in link below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 76413.html
3. slightly related - we are getting mixed signals about dependent absences. Some have said that I (over 18) do not have the 180 days away limit as a dependent, but some say I do? Would like to figure this out before paying all that money for my application.
It all depends if your CURRENT visa was issued/granted on or after 11th January 2018. Any absence and visas granted before this date are irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

OphirE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OphirE » Fri May 29, 2020 6:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:34 pm

First of all, I greatly appreciate the incredibly prompt response!
Where is your mother and what is her UK immigration status??
My mother is a UK citizen obtained after we moved here due to parentage, my father stayed on his work visa instead of being a dependent on her so that I could apply for ILR when the time came.
It all depends if your CURRENT visa was issued/granted on or after 11th January 2018. Any absence and visas granted before this date are irrelevant.
My current visa was issued June 2019 after my father switched jobs and therefore got a new visa as well. All my prolonged absences were before, on my former visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:20 pm

You as the dependent only need to list absences since your visa was issued in June 2019. Absence prior to that doesn't matter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

OphirE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OphirE » Sat May 30, 2020 1:32 pm

Thank you for the information!

OphirE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

List of absences

Post by OphirE » Sat May 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Hello all,

Due to many business trips, the online ILR form has said that we have exceeded the number of trips we can enter and to add a supplementary list to the documents we will send with the application.
We are going to add a comprehensive list with all travel over the 5 years, including the ones we added in the online form, but were wondering if we actually need to fill out any trips online, or can we just write something along the lines of "see attached list of all absences from the UK".

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: List of absences

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2020 4:19 pm

Topics merged!!

Please keep all your questions on the same application in one topic, this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2020 4:20 pm

OphirE wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:11 pm
Hello all,

Due to many business trips, the online ILR form has said that we have exceeded the number of trips we can enter and to add a supplementary list to the documents we will send with the application.
We are going to add a comprehensive list with all travel over the 5 years, including the ones we added in the online form, but were wondering if we actually need to fill out any trips online, or can we just write something along the lines of "see attached list of all absences from the UK".

Thanks in advance
You only need to add an additional schedule for trips that do NOT fit in the online form. Don't duplicate trips otherwise your or father's absence absence will appear more than it is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

OphirE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OphirE » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:20 pm
You only need to add an additional schedule for trips that do NOT fit in the online form. Don't duplicate trips otherwise your or father's absence absence will appear more than it is.
Thank you, and sorry for posting in a separate post.

Another quick question: If we both already have BRPs, does that affect our application in any way?

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:11 pm

OphirE wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:08 pm
Another quick question: If we both already have BRPs, does that affect our application in any way?
Unclear what you mean by this. Why would having a BRP, which is your visa, affect your application??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

OphirE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OphirE » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:11 pm
OphirE wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:08 pm
Unclear what you mean by this. Why would having a BRP, which is your visa, affect your application??
I'm not sure, but I understand that if you do not already have a BRP card you must apply for one while applying for ILR and therefore also need to do the whole process, including the appointment where they take all your biometric information. As we have already done all that and they have our biometric information, I wondered if it has any effect, maybe on the timeline or process after we submit the application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:01 pm

I'm not sure, but I understand that if you do not already have a BRP card you must apply for one while applying for ILR and therefore also need to do the whole process, including the appointment where they take all your biometric information.

Those who do NOT have a BRP are those who got their full visa duration as a visa vignette in their passport. There is no requirement in such a case to first apply for a BRP card.
As we have already done all that and they have our biometric information, I wondered if it has any effect, maybe on the timeline or process after we submit the application.
For every application you submit to UKVI, you have to enroll your biometrics. There are no exceptions. Having a BRP Card is not the same as enrolling your biometrics for a UKVI application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)