ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA not processed from Last two months

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

test1210
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

VISA not processed from Last two months

Post by test1210 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:20 am

HI Guys,

I have applied for Tier 2 General visa from March and because of COVID situtation its not processed until now, have any guys got any updates on your visa application which were made around mid march, althoug I opted for priority service but I dont have got any updates.

ds2016
United Kingdom

Re: VISA not processed from Last two months

Post by ds2016 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:26 pm

I'm in the same boat, no updates really. It's quite likely that I'm going to start without my visa being ready

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:35 pm

test1210 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:20 am
HI Guys,

I have applied for Tier 2 General visa from March and because of COVID situtation its not processed until now, have any guys got any updates on your visa application which were made around mid march, althoug I opted for priority service but I dont have got any updates.
Hi
did you give biometrics as well ? if you didnt, obviously there wont be any processing. i did apply in may, i got 2 emails from homeoffice, one an apology email regarding not able to deal within 8 weeks and another asking for documents which were irrelevant for my application + an error. even they are overwhelmed i guess !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:38 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:35 pm
test1210 wrote:
HI Guys,

Hi
did you give biometrics as well ? if you didnt, obviously there wont be any processing. i did apply in may, i got 2 emails from homeoffice, one an apology email regarding not able to deal within 8 weeks and another asking for documents which were irrelevant for my application + an error. even they are overwhelmed i guess !
The OP applied form OUTSIDE the UK, not within the UK so slightly different circumstances to you!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

test1210
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by test1210 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:42 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
test1210 wrote:
HI Guys,

Hi

Hi I did complete the entire process giving biometric, I did get an initital mail that we are consedring your application now from home office, but later just got an apology that it didint manged to meet timelines for service (around 1st week of April) and nothing since then.... I did applied from outside of UK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:47 pm

test1210 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:42 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
test1210 wrote:
HI Guys,

Hi

Hi I did complete the entire process giving biometric, I did get an initital mail that we are consedring your application now from home office, but later just got an apology that it didint manged to meet timelines for service (around 1st week of April) and nothing since then.... I did applied from outside of UK
There is obviously a pandemic, with many visa holders (with expiring visas) stuck in the UK unable to leave the UK and many British citizens stuck abroad. The Home Office has been focusing all their energy and staff on these critical issues. Your situation of applying for entry clearance outside the UK will unfortunately not be deemed a priority.

There are massive delays in the UK too for people who have applied.

Perspective!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manorana2009
United Kingdom

Post by manorana2009 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi,

Update from my side

I also applied for the visa extension in March. I have received an email from the Home office to book an appointment for biometrics. Now my appointment has been booked for next week. But one of my friend done his biometrics yesterday.

Thanks

Sainatha
India

Post by Sainatha » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:57 pm

manorana2009 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:11 pm
Hi,

Update from my side

I also applied for the visa extension in March. I have received an email from the Home office to book an appointment for biometrics. Now my appointment has been booked for next week. But one of my friend done his biometrics yesterday.

Thanks
Hi Thank you for the update, may I know have you had an existing appointment cancelled/postponed prior to suspension of the UKVCS service.

manorana2009
United Kingdom

Post by manorana2009 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:57 pm

Hi,

It was cancelled appointment. The original appointment was in April.

Thanks