ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier 1 General Dependant - ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lonerunner
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PBS Tier 1 General Dependant - ILR maintenance funds

Post by lonerunner » Sun May 17, 2020 12:53 pm

Dear Members,

Would you kindly please be able to advise if there are would be any maintenance funds requirement for my wife's ILR application with below immigration history.

First came to UK in April 2015 as a PBS Tier 1 General dependant.

Renewed the visa under the same category twice up to now and have visa validity until June 2022.

I understand we can apply for her ILR since her 5 years have completed in April 2020?

Many thanks for all your help in advance.

Kind Regards
Lonerunner

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Tier 1 General Dependant - ILR maintenance funds

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:26 pm

ILR has NO maintenance requirment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lonerunner
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PBS Tier 1 General Dependant - ILR Application

Post by lonerunner » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Dear Members,

Hope you have all been keeping well in these chaotic times, need your kind valuable advice again please.

My wife had first come in the UK on a PBS tier 1 general dependent visa in April 2015, she has since secure 2 extensions in the same category. Her 1st extension was applied with my settlement application in June 2016 but we had used the same PBS tier 1 general dependant route to make 5 years qualifying period and the 2nd extension was secured under the same category in July 2019. I have also naturalised as a British citizen last year.

As she has now completed 5 years on a Tier 1 general PBS dependent visa what visa category route we will need to select to apply her ILR application under as she is now British citizen spouse? My apologies in advance if it comes across as silly question but I am confused as to what category is correct for her.

Many thanks for all your advice/help in advance.

Kind Regards
Lonerunner

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Tier 1 General Dependant - ILR Application

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:55 pm

As she has now completed 5 years on a Tier 1 general PBS dependent visa what visa category route we will need to select to apply her ILR application under as she is now British citizen spouse? My apologies in advance if it comes across as silly question but I am confused as to what category is correct for her.
No, she applies for ILR as a tier 1 general dependent on form SET O.

There is no ILR other route she can apply for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lonerunner
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lonerunner » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:10 pm

Hello CR001,

Many thanks for replying so quickly.

She unfortunately doesn't work so would I have to submit 6 months payslips yo meet 18600 financial requirement?

I have applied for universal credit for myself and 2 kids last week, though she is not entitled for it we had to apply as a joint application due to being couple, i have stated during the application that she is non british on a visa plus have also left a message for the case worker in the UC journal. Before that we only had been in receipt of Child Benefit, would this cause an issue with her ILR application ?

Many thanks again for your kind attention and advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:27 pm

She unfortunately doesn't work so would I have to submit 6 months payslips yo meet 18600 financial requirement?
Why do you believe this is a requirment for ILR on SET O?? There is NO financial requirment for pbs dependents applying for ilr.
I have applied for universal credit for myself and 2 kids last week, though she is not entitled for it we had to apply as a joint application due to being couple, i have stated during the application that she is non british on a visa plus have also left a message for the case worker in the UC journal. Before that we only had been in receipt of Child Benefit, would this cause an issue with her ILR application ?
Would have probably been wiser to wait till she had ilr. But it shouldn't affect her application.

She could have applied for ilr earlier in the year. Her ILR qualifying period starts counting from the initial visa issue date and not the date of entry to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lonerunner
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lonerunner » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:24 pm

Hello CR001

Many thanks for clarifying no need of financial requirement.

When you say “ Would have probably been wiser to wait till she had ilr” have you experienced anyone on this forum or elsewhere stating they had their application refused due to their entitled partner/kids getting UC.

I have only applied last week and obviously havent received any monies/decision yet. Would it be advisable to withdraw UC application by contacting DWP ?

Apologies for questioning again, thanks again for all your help

lonerunner
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lonerunner » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:45 am

Dear CR001 / Members

Any further advice will be much appreciated..

"When you say “ Would have probably been wiser to wait till she had ilr” have you experienced anyone on this forum or elsewhere stating they had their application refused due to their entitled partner/kids getting UC.

I have only applied last week and obviously havent received any monies/decision yet. Would it be advisable to withdraw UC application by contacting DWP ? "

Regards