ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years Employemnt History for naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhkhan619519
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

10 Years Employemnt History for naturalisation application

Post by mhkhan619519 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi,

I am writing in regards to my naturalization application, I got my ILR last year on the basis of 10 years Long Residence. Now I was applying for naturalization but I came across the question of giving information regarding my past 10years work history.
I was a student in the past when I came to the UK so I worked part-time and then fulltime during vacations also did a lot of overtime as it was very common in those days. I never had any problems with HMRC.

I got concerned that in online application form they are asking for the start and end dates of past employments, but I can not remember any of the start dates though I found some of p45/p60 which got end dates. But for the missing dates which I don't know will that be an issue?

Also, will there be any problem with more hours during student visa??

Is home office going to create any fuss for not providing that information??

can they refuse the application if I have worked overtime on student Visa??

Please any input will be appreciated. Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 Years Employemnt History for naturalisation application

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:02 pm

They ask only about start/termination date for each job. They won't into details how much you worked. They won't ask for proof of work. Don't send any P60/45 or payslip with that. Just fill in your job history as accurately as possible. Don't leave it blank.
Also, will there be any problem with more hours during student visa??
In theory yes. But they usually don't go to that level of detail and check the hours.

Is home office going to create any fuss for not providing that information??
You need to provide it. Do you best to find the dates. Check your previous contracts, payslips... Go to your bank account and download previous year statements so you can find the salaries and cross-reference that with employment periods. But if they ask for something, it means they care about it and the information must be provided as accurately as possible. Not providing the information would attract suspicion (= you are hiding something).

can they refuse the application if I have worked overtime on student Visa??
I don't see them going into that level of detail. But they have all discretion in hand if they want to.

mhkhan619519
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: 10 Years Employemnt History for naturalisation application

Post by mhkhan619519 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:57 am

Thanks for your reply really appreciate that. I will try to find the start dates as they are the one I am missing out rest I know the end of contract dates.
Thanks again for the input