ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unannouced GNIB fee increase

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

esharknz

Unannouced GNIB fee increase

Post by esharknz » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:34 am

I saw someone else mentioned in this forum that the fee had gone up. this is from the irish independent
http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 61717.html

More and more money :(

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:38 am

I found this link on the INIS. Seems the fee increase comes in today - http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000031

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:39 pm

According to the Immigrant Council Ireland,
The fee for migrants from outside the EEA to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau has increased by 50 per cent – from €100 to €150 , effective from Saturday August 23.

All migrants from outside the EEA must register with the GNIB.

ICI Chair John Cunningham said work permit holders , particularly those with families , and international students will be particularly hard hit by the fee increase.

International students must register with the GNIB when they arrive in Ireland , then , under proposed new rules , they would have to apply for a work permit if they want to take up part-time employment to subsidise their living expenses. Once they find a job and get a work permit , they would have to re-register with the GNIB and pay another €150.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:19 pm

'Excessive' fee increase set to raise €7.5m annually
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 641719.ece
The additional fee will raise €7.5m from the 150,000 people affected, while the total revenue from registration will exceed €20m in a full year. More than 1,500 non-EU nationals have already been issued with new ID cards, with a further 148,500 expected to register in the coming year.

Immigration officials say they are currently processing and fingerprinting approximately 200 people a day at the headquarters of the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) at Burgh Quay in Dublin.

Among those applying for cards are Brazilian factory workers and junior doctors from Asia, who are required by law to register with the immigration service.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:48 pm

guys,

the worst feeling about this article is the quality of the services of GNIB. i have read many of this type of article in internet forums. all the irish gov is saying people should pay for the services they use and many countries in the world charging for residency permit.

i really do agree with the minister. people should pay for the services they used, but people should only pay for a reasonable services and not only pay for a service that never change its quality.

did anyone really able to get an answer from the ticket desk in GNIB unless they make a fuss about it? now the registration fees and citizenship application fees increased. did it change anything compare to before they increased the fees? the registration procedures are exactly the same and they only give out a certain amount of tickets everyday. the citizenship application processing time had never improved. people still have to wait for more then 2.5 years before they hear anything from the citizenship application. also, the irish gov has placed more procedures for long term residency such as police certificate for all the long term residency application. the concern i have is not about why people have to submit the police certificate for their long term residency application. the thing i concern about the police certificate is that the irish gov started to ask for the police certificate from all the applicants including the one already submitted their application before the INIS changed their rules. is this really legal in the rule of law. if they starting to ask people to submit the police certificate for their citizenship application, i was wondering, how much time would increase for the citizneship application processing time.

the times article mentioned the migrants never complaint about it. well, it is not like they dont want to complaint about it. even they do, is anything really going to change? the waiting time just got worst and worst. the immigration services are so bad it had never improve in ireland that it is more like a katrina never left Louisiana.