ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Entry Advice/Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newbie00
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Entry Advice/Help

Post by newbie00 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:41 pm

I am in some desperate need of advice, Please can someone help me. I got married abroad in Dec 2007 and I returned to the UK in January of this Year. I put together all my documentation and applied for my husbands visa in July 2008. He got his visa and came to this country. When he arrived at the airport there was an immigration officer waiting for him who took him aside and started asking him all these questions. They kept him in for 4 and half hours and checked his baggage. They have kept his passport and have said they will contact the consulate in his home country and ask for his application to be sent to the UK for their enquiries. It turns out that someone who is jealous in his family have made allegations that it is a sham marriage etc. The only thing is I am currently unemployed but I am not recieving any benefits. Can his visa be cancelled? Please can someone advise me as all my family are really worried.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:48 pm

newbie00, sorry to hear of your husband's experience on landing in the UK.

Can his visa be cancelled? Well it can if the marriage is indeed a sham marriage, that is, if the visa was obtained by supplying false information.

The thing that worries me here is that as they have retained your husband's passport he has no ability to obtain employment. If I were you I would contact the Home Office and ask for the return of his passport, or at least a letter from them confirming his ability to work in the UK without needing a Work Permit.

Also make it clear that they are very welcome to come to your house at any time, and indeed they might like to bring the passport back by hand, and satisfy themselves of the domestic arrangements.

If no response from the Home Office in a week or two I would contact your MP and ask him/her to take up the matter on your behalf.
John