ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Passport Expiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:59 am

Hi All,

Need some advise im planning to apply for my British citizenship and my current passport is due to expire by end of July im sure i will submit the application hopefully by next week. Which is like 30 days before the expiry date of my passport. Due to current Covid situation im not sure when im gonna give my biometrics. So, what’s the best thing to do ? Can I apply for my Naturalisation as the passport is valid on the date of application submission? Or will that be an issue

2) if you do not meet the satutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application? As i’m applying through five years + 1 year ILR route can I simply answer No for the above question or do i need to give any reason or explanation? Please advise thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:43 pm

1) No issue with your passport if it expires after you have applied.
2) Answer is "No" unless there are any reasons why you cannot comply with the requirements.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

aahish
India

Post by aahish » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:33 pm

Thank you