ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted CoS - Covid situation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rk90470
Newly Registered
India

Unrestricted CoS - Covid situation

Post by rk90470 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:04 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure, if there's any thread already on this and I couldn't find any.

I'm on Tier 2 General visa and I've got an offer from a govt org now. They said they're going to apply for unrestricted CoS and said it may take couple of weeks to get the CoS. They're expecting delayed processing by HO due to Covid situation. Has anyone got a new uCoS recently and if yes, what was the processing time.

Regards,
Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unrestricted CoS - Covid situation

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:10 pm

Any organisation can assign a cos if they have cos available. It is nothing that needs to be applied for unless they have no spare cos in their allocation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Blattes

Post by Blattes » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:54 pm

rk90470 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:04 pm
Hi,

I'm not sure, if there's any thread already on this and I couldn't find any.

I'm on Tier 2 General visa and I've got an offer from a govt org now. They said they're going to apply for unrestricted CoS and said it may take couple of weeks to get the CoS. They're expecting delayed processing by HO due to Covid situation. Has anyone got a new uCoS recently and if yes, what was the processing time.

Regards,
Raj
I am in the same situation. My company has no UcoS to allocate, they applied on 8th of June, however the business helpdesk line is closed due to coronavirus. You can only email them, I don’t think fast track is working either. It might take up to 8 weeks, because of coronavirus it might even take longer which I don’t have time for. I keep you updated if we get a decision anytime soon.

cx2y18
Newly Registered
China

Post by cx2y18 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Hi guys, my uCoS took around a month or so, which was applied early May I think. hope it helps.

Information1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Information1 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:46 pm

cx2y18 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:27 pm
Hi guys, my uCoS took around a month or so, which was applied early May I think. hope it helps.
Hies , your Employer raised Ucos on first week of May ? and received on second week of June ? 4 - 5 weeks ? Did you also correspond with HO meanwhile they were waiting ?

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:46 am

My employer applied on 9th April and we are still waiting for UCOS.
The HO said a few days ago they were dealing with UCOS requested at the end of March.
I hope this helps.

cx2y18
Newly Registered
China

Post by cx2y18 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:58 am

Information1 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:46 pm
cx2y18 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:27 pm
Hies , your Employer raised Ucos on first week of May ? and received on second week of June ? 4 - 5 weeks ? Did you also correspond with HO meanwhile they were waiting ?
Hi I think so. I don't know the exact date though. They contacted them once but not much details from the HO. They just said there was backlog to deal with first.