ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Renewal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ted

Passport Renewal

Post by Ted » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:06 pm

I have been in the process of renewing my Childs British passport, at first I was going to do it with the hard copy application though now I have done it online. Now the process includes that I send the old passport back, however their is no address given online for me to write on the envelope.
The hard copy envelope shows: Aragon Court
Northminster Road
Peterborough
PE1 1QG

The online service refers me to the post office for the service of sending the old passport though their is a fee.
To avoid this obvious scheme I would like to send the passport as per normal without this scheme.

Has anybody had this experience who can advise me?

Kind regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport Renewal

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:50 pm

No experience recently but the online system should provide an address, with the list of documents they require from you.
Perhaps you should query this with the HMPO helpline. https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ted

Post by Ted » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:16 pm

Thanks alterhase58

I have sent in my query to the link you have provided, lets see what will come of it.

Many Thanks

Ted

Post by Ted » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:11 pm

I have received a reply from passport advice line, apparently once your details have been verified they will send you the address to where you must send you old passport. Well It would have been nice if they could have mentioned this when I had completed the application

Thanks for your help and time.

Kind Regards