ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sopra Steria - What document type are the referee letters?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Sopra Steria - What document type are the referee letters?

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:17 pm

I am currently on ILR and and I've finally got everything I need for my naturalisation process, so I completed my form on the Home Office's website, I paid, I downloaded the referee forms, which are filled, dated and signed and I was redirected to this partner website called Sopra Steria, where I am supposed to book an appointment to bring all my paperwork and get some biometrics done (it seems).

As we are on lockdown, it seems Sopra Steria is well late on the bookings, so while I wait for an appointment window to show up, I've decided to upload everything I have available.

But I'm confused. Apparently Sopra Steria doesn't know what kind of application I am doing. There's a category for documents called "Mandatory documents". And that area has a listing of two types of documents: 'Proof of Application' and 'Other'.

When I open the 'Proof of Application' bit I see it requires my passport. Fine. I uploaded my passport. That's it. I don't know how that is a proof of application, but if they say so, who am I to argue?

When I open the 'Other' bit, there's a text explaining what 'Other' means:
Mr Bubbles's certificate proving you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or incapacitated person, If you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy
So I uploaded my IELTS certificate to supply the language one, and a bunch of P60s for the residence one. I assume that's correct.

Now the tricky bit: The referee letters are compulsory, but they do not classify as my passport, they do not classify as an English qualification, they do not classify as evidence of residence or self-sufficiency or anything of the sort. Looking at the other document categories considered 'Optional', I see a myriad stuff like 'Residence' (again), 'Life Events', 'Sponsors / Employment', and so on.

Where should I upload the referee letters to? Does it matter at all? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sopra Steria - What document type are the referee letters?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:25 pm

UKCVA is a third party agent and not the Home Office or UKVI.
But I'm confused. Apparently Sopra Steria doesn't know what kind of application I am doing. There's a category for documents called "Mandatory documents". And that area has a listing of two types of documents: 'Proof of Application' and 'Other'.
The categories are generic.
When I open the 'Other' bit, there's a text explaining what 'Other' means:
Mr Bubbles's certificate proving you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or incapacitated person, If you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy
So I uploaded my IELTS certificate to supply the language one, and a bunch of P60s for the residence one. I assume that's correct.
Correct yes.
Now the tricky bit: The referee letters are compulsory, but they do not classify as my passport, they do not classify as an English qualification, they do not classify as evidence of residence or self-sufficiency or anything of the sort. Looking at the other document categories considered 'Optional', I see a myriad stuff like 'Residence' (again), 'Life Events', 'Sponsors / Employment', and so on.

Where should I upload the referee letters to? Does it matter at all?
Upload into 'Other'.
Am I missing something?
You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.