ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax office reference number BC online application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MegFaj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tax office reference number BC online application

Post by MegFaj » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi, I just want to ask if the tax office reference number field on the online application is compulsory as I haven’t received my P60 yet and it is not included in my pay slip. I tried contacting the payroll department at my workplace but they take too long to reply to my emails and I just want to submit my application ASAP.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Tax office reference number BC online application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:05 pm

Don't you have any previous P60s?
Unless a question is marked "optional" or "if known" I take it it's compulsory. However, if you don't have the reference you could add a note to your documents that you can't find it. It's probably not that critical because your NI number will lead to your tax account anyway.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:31 pm

MegFaj wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:51 pm
Hi, I just want to ask if the tax office reference number field on the online application is compulsory as I haven’t received my P60 yet and it is not included in my pay slip. I tried contacting the payroll department at my workplace but they take too long to reply to my emails and I just want to submit my application ASAP.
It asks for the current employer only and not for all previous employments, right?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:42 pm

Just current employer.

Also, usually this information is not available on your payslips. You need to ask you HR department to get it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:35 pm

Whilst depending on an individual employer as how they keep the record of their employees, but that number can also be found at employee's online portal too usually under the tab of employee details.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MegFaj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MegFaj » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:10 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:05 pm
Don't you have any previous P60s?
Unless a question is marked "optional" or "if known" I take it it's compulsory. However, if you don't have the reference you could add a note to your documents that you can't find it. It's probably not that critical because your NI number will lead to your tax account anyway.
Thank you for your reply. I do have a P45 but isn’t the tax office reference number there is unique to the company? I work with a different employer now so it will be different. Also, I did a thing or two yesterday and I presumed it is an optional field since it let me save the application without a warning sign. I did it too to an obvious compulsory field which is my birth country and although it allowed me to save the application, the unfilled box was outlined red.So I’m guessing the reference number isn’t optional.