ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK VISAS EXTENSION DURING COVID-19

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manch221

UK VISAS EXTENSION DURING COVID-19

Post by manch221 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi
This is what i found on gov.uk but could not found link to apply online. Please anyone can help me?

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you’re applying to stay in the UK long-term
You can apply from the UK to switch to a long-term UK visa until 31 July 2020 if your leave expires between 24 January 2020 and 31 July 2020. This includes applications where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You’ll need to meet the requirements of the route you’re applying for and pay the UK application fee.

This includes those whose leave has already been extended to 31 July 2020.

You can apply online.The terms of your leave will remain the same until your application is decided.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK VISAS EXTENSION DURING COVID-19

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:16 pm

Useful to state the specific expiry dates, visa category etc etc etc!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manch221

Post by manch221 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:22 pm

The applicant is in the UK on a visitor visa expiring on 22 July 2020. He wants to switch to Adult Dependent Relative category or on basis of family life to live with Son and Grand children (all British Citizen).

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:31 pm

manch221 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:22 pm
The applicant is in the UK on a visitor visa expiring on 22 July 2020. He wants to switch to Adult Dependent Relative category or on basis of family life to live with Son and Grand children (all British Citizen).
Adult dependant visa is near to impossible because the care taking cost super relatively be lesser in your own country than in UK. And there is no visa category for an adult (above 18 years) with Independant life to start family life with son.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:36 pm

manch221 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:22 pm
The rule to apply to stay long term in the UK does NOT apply to your circumstances. It is for those who are already on limited leave to remain (not visitor visas) who would normally have to apply for another visa category from their home country and cannot travel due to travel restrictions. It is not for someone in the UK as a visitor, who simply prefers to live here.

If you take the risk and make this application, which will be refused as he has had to prove he has strong ties to home country to get a visitor visa, any future visitor visas won't be possible and that door will be shut for him.

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... 42420.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.