ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after ILR newbie questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Naturalisation after ILR newbie questions

Post by jotaele » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:38 pm

Hello All, hope you can help us with these initial questions that we have.

Background: Family of 4 (2 adults + 2 children). Settled status granted in August 2019 and about to start the process of Naturalisation.
  • Can our referees be a) Manager at UK Retail Bank - b) Appointed Director of UK limited company
  • Birth certificates for our children are in Spanish, do we need to have them translated into English?
  • Marriage certificates for us are in Spanish, do we need to have them translated into English?
  • Will I need to send original passports as part of the process? Will I be without a passport for as long as they take to review our application?
  • I don't understand very well the whole Biometric residence permit concept. I have never had one or requested one before. As part of the online process should I answer "No, I do not have a BRP for my most recent leave" and then again "No" to the question "Do you have a BRP from a previous stay in the UK?"?
  • Does the process to request a Biometric residence permit needs to be started once I have fully submitted my application? I have read Post Office tutorials where they say that you have to come into the Post Office with a code provided to you by the UK Border Agency. How do I obtain that code?
  • Parental responsibility form templates I understand I will get once I fully submit the application?
  • Which document can we use to prove our Settled Status?
Thank you all for your help and sorry for the trouble if these questions have been asked in the past already, I tried searching for them but couldn't find them.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation after ILR newbie questions

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:15 pm

jotaele wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:38 pm
Hello All, hope you can help us with these initial questions that we have.

Background: Family of 4 (2 adults + 2 children). Settled status granted in August 2019 and about to start the process of Naturalisation.
  • Can our referees be a) Manager at UK Retail Bank - b) Appointed Director of UK limited company Yes as long as they qualify as referees - one of them needs to be of professional standing - see source page 24 on https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
  • Birth certificates for our children are in Spanish, do we need to have them translated into English? Not sure whether you need to provide them.
  • Marriage certificates for us are in Spanish, do we need to have them translated into English? not sure
  • Will I need to send original passports as part of the process? Will I be without a passport for as long as they take to review our application? No originals are sent to UKVI - you scan and upload your documents online.
  • I don't understand very well the whole Biometric residence permit concept. I have never had one or requested one before. As part of the online process should I answer "No, I do not have a BRP for my most recent leave" and then again "No" to the question "Do you have a BRP from a previous stay in the UK?"? Answer is No - EU nationals don't normally get a BRP
  • Does the process to request a Biometric residence permit needs to be started once I have fully submitted my application? I have read Post Office tutorials where they say that you have to come into the Post Office with a code provided to you by the UK Border Agency. How do I obtain that code? You don't apply for a biometric card - you will have to give your biometrics at UKVCAS (www.ukvcas.co.uk), the Post Office no longer does this. You will make an appointment online once you filled in/submitted the online applications.
  • Parental responsibility form templates I understand I will get once I fully submit the application? Not sure
  • Which document can we use to prove our Settled Status? Reference number and/or confirmation email.
Thank you all for your help and sorry for the trouble if these questions have been asked in the past already, I tried searching for them but couldn't find them.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Hello, I have a new question. I have now submitted my application and registered in the UKVCAS website. I'm uploading documents but I'm not sure under which category should I upload my referee forms. I would appreciate your advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm

jotaele wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:22 pm
Hello, I have a new question. I have now submitted my application and registered in the UKVCAS website. I'm uploading documents but I'm not sure under which category should I upload my referee forms. I would appreciate your advice.
“other”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:30 pm

Thanks! One more question: Documents like a marriage certificate that applies to both my wife and I should be uploaded both for her and for me or just once?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:32 pm

jotaele wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:30 pm
Thanks! One more question: Documents like a marriage certificate that applies to both my wife and I should be uploaded both for her and for me or just once?
Each application is processed on its own merits. You should upload all documents for each applicant separately.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:44 pm

Normally they ask for birth certificates of children as evidence of your parental authority, and marriage certificate is also mainly for children cases (you do not need it for each other application, since each of you applied on your own merit)
You need to translate all non-english documents into english.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Thanks for your replies, it is very helpful.

Is there anywhere I can find an example of the consent letter we need to sign on behalf of our children (younger than 18) who are applying as well?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 pm

jotaele wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:52 pm
Thanks for your replies, it is very helpful.

Is there anywhere I can find an example of the consent letter we need to sign on behalf of our children (younger than 18) who are applying as well?
Just write simple two lines that both parents consent to register the child as BC. Both parents sign and date.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Thanks for your help Cullinan, I have one additional tricky question:

I want to include each of our ILR Settled Status confirmations as part of the documents to support our application. The thing is that the letter that the HM sends you when they grant you settled status clearly says "This letter is not proof of your status". The only way to prove your status is by going to the HM website and including the email address of the individual/organisation you want to proof your status to, which I guess in this case would not work.

Any thoughts on this one? Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:29 pm

Suggest you still attach a copy of the email - there may also be a reference number you could quote. They do (or should) have you on their system - that was the big selling point of the scheme. So you shouldn't have to prove again that you got the status.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:05 am

Thanks I'll do that!

In regards to my passport (Spanish one), should I scan every single page and upload them to UKVCAS or just the first one where all my personal details are shown?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:25 am

Biometrics personal data page, other information page(s) if there are any and any stamped page(s) if there are any.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:17 pm

Should I submit my documents in UKVCAS website already, even when I don't have an appointment confirmed yet (I need to wait until the 21st).

Would submitting my documents now mean that they would start reviewing on their end or nothing really happens until we have our appointment first?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:25 pm

Should I submit my documents in UKVCAS website already, even when I don't have an appointment confirmed yet (I need to wait until the 21st).

Yes.
Would submitting my documents now mean that they would start reviewing on their end
No.
or nothing really happens until we have our appointment first?
Correct
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:25 pm

Yes.
Would submitting my documents now mean that they would start reviewing on their end
No.
or nothing really happens until we have our appointment first?
Correct
Thanks for your answers! But then, what is the advantage of submitting the documents already? I guess I can submit them closer to the appointment date (which I do not have yet) in case that I need to make any last minute changes to the documents or need to upload any additional ones, right?

Am I missing something?