ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address while application is pending

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

londonphd

Change of address while application is pending

Post by londonphd » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:08 pm

Hello,

My wife and daughter submitted their biometrics on 2 June and we are still awaiting UKVI's decision on their application to extend spouse/child dependent visa. We are moving house this week and was wondeirng how we could update the UKVI about the change of our address.

My google search gave a link to a UKVI online form which asks for ARC card number. We do not have an ARC card.
Can anyone please help?

Thank you in advance!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Change of address while application is pending

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:13 pm

londonphd wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:08 pm
Hello,

My wife and daughter submitted their biometrics on 2 June and we are still awaiting UKVI's decision on their application to extend spouse/child dependent visa. We are moving house this week and was wondeirng how we could update the UKVI about the change of our address.

My google search gave a link to a UKVI online form which asks for ARC card number. We do not have an ARC card.
Can anyone please help?

Thank you in advance!
Most reliable way was if you had attached a covering letter during the appointment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:25 pm

Thank seagul. We were still looking for a new property at the time of the biometrics appointment.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:54 pm

londonphd wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:25 pm
Thank seagul. We were still looking for a new property at the time of the biometrics appointment.
The good news is that UKVI will hardly ever communicate with you through post rather via emails only. But the BRP card is usually delivered by TNT/DX courier which even can't be redirected through Royal mail although can be instructed to deliver at another location.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Aarav086
United Kingdom

Post by Aarav086 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:54 pm

I think he’s asking about returning the passport (decision is still pending). Not the BRP at this stage.

I’m interested in this response too. My husband has submitted his passport, waiting for a decision too. Was evacuated from his apartment due to COVID so trying to figure out how to change his postal address for the passport to couriered as well.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:59 am

Aarav086 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:54 pm
I think he’s asking about returning the passport (decision is still pending). Not the BRP at this stage.
Where did the OP state that they submitted the passport as part of the application?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."