ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for first British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

petervang

Applying for first British passport

Post by petervang » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:16 pm

Hi all I hope I am posting this on the right section. while I am waiting for my Naturalisation I was going through applying For first adult British passport.

I have noticed that they have stated Birth Cerificate required. Is this necessary after Naturalisation because I was born over 65 years ago (Obviously abroad) if I am to source it from abroad it will be very difficult to obtain it.

I will very much appreciate if someone could let me know what other necessary documents I need to support with my application once I am ready.

Thanking all in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for first British passport

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Hi all I hope I am posting this on the right section.

Topic moved to the correct British citizenship sub forum!!
I have noticed that they have stated Birth Cerificate required. Is this necessary after Naturalisation because I was born over 65 years ago (Obviously abroad) if I am to source it from abroad it will be very difficult to obtain it.
No it is NOT required. If your read the passport guidance notes, it clearly states what is needed if you are applying based on being a naturalised British citizen. The same form is used for ALL passport route applications, ie those naturalised and those born British. You only supply the documents relevant to your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.