ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa + English Test 2yr Validity+ COVID19

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrploddy
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa + English Test 2yr Validity+ COVID19

Post by mrploddy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi there,

I'm looking to make an application for my wife soon for a new initial spouse visa. We left the UK in 2014 and have been overseas for 6 years now.

My wife was previously in the UK on a 2 year spouse visa which was then renewed via old style FLR(M) in 2014.

At this point she took a GESE Level 2 English Test.

In 2018 in preparation for this year she took another GESE Level 2 Test but now because of COVID-19 I'm not sure if we can apply by the expiration date of the current certificate in September of this year.

I've tried getting an answer from the HO COVID email box but all I get is copy/paste replies.

My questions is this:

1) Does anyone know if the HO is relaxing the rules on test date validity due to COVID-19 or not and if so how ? Or if we want to use the current test certificate do we absolutely HAVE to apply by the expiration date.

2) Based off the immigration rules here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

Point 32D

As the Home Office accepted by wife's GESE test for a successful FLR(M) in 2014 even though it's 4 years out of date it's OK to reuse that same test certificate for an initial leave to remain?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa + English Test 2yr Validity+ COVID19

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:37 pm

mrploddy wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:30 pm

Point 32D

As the Home Office accepted by wife's GESE test for a successful FLR(M) in 2014 even though it's 4 years out of date it's OK to reuse that same test certificate for an initial leave to remain?
You are returning after 6 years where that concession/discretion might not apply perhaps due to the continuity being broken. Ideally redo this test or get your overseas degree be reassessed through NARIC.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.