ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Absence Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

English Language Requirement

Post by Joba » Sun May 03, 2020 2:37 pm

Hello,

I am due to apply for my ILR in a few months. I am a doctor(GP) and completed my GP training in the UK. I'm currently on a Tier 2 visa. With regards to the English language requirements, would my Certificate of Completion of Training(CCT) fulfill the English language requirement? I'm asking this because, the certificate is awarded by the Royal College of General Practitioners and not 'a UK university' as stated on the Gov uk website.

I would be grateful for any advice with regards to this please.

Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by seagul » Sun May 03, 2020 2:52 pm

Joba wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:37 pm
Hello,

I am due to apply for my ILR in a few months. I am a doctor(GP) and completed my GP training in the UK. I'm currently on a Tier 2 visa. With regards to the English language requirements, would my Certificate of Completion of Training(CCT) fulfill the English language requirement? I'm asking this because, the certificate is awarded by the Royal College of General Practitioners and not 'a UK university' as stated on the Gov uk website.

I would be grateful for any advice with regards to this please.

Many thanks.
No. You will will have to sit for B1 test.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Joba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by Joba » Sun May 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Okay. Thanks for quick response

Joba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Employer Absence Letter

Post by Joba » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:28 pm

Hello,

Hope you are all staying safe. I just received this email from the Home office:

'We are considering your Indefinite Leave to Remain application and need some further information. Please can you provide the following information within 10 working days of this request:

· List of absences from the UK confirmed by your employer(s)

If we do not receive the information by this deadline we will make a decision on the information we already have. We recommend that you send the requested documents electronically to ensure they arrive in time.'

I have not travelled out of the UK for the last 5 years, so no absences. I have 3 employers( including my current one) over this period. My question is, do I have to obtain letters from each employer to confirm that I have had no absences or would it suffice to reply back to the email stating that I have no absences.

I am sorry if a similar question has been answered in the past but I couldn't find any through my search.
I would really appreciate your advice. Also want to say what a great job you guys are doing. I have learnt a lot from reading through the different topics.

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Employer Absence Letter

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:08 am

You are required to submit a current employer regardless. Given that you had no absences from the UK, I suggest to get a letter from the current employer only to confirm all your absences from work were approved by them. That is all.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice