ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General Single Visa - English Language requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CraveforUK
Newly Registered

Tier1 General Single Visa - English Language requirement

Post by CraveforUK » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:18 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier1 General visa from outside UK (India) and i have a question in this regard.

Is it mandatory that we need to take a letter from the university that the graduation was taught
in English ?

Even if the university is listed under home office self assessment tool, is it necessary that we need to get a letter from the university ?

Please advise.

Regards

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:33 am

If your qualification appears on Point Based Calculator (PBS) then you do not need letter from Univ.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:51 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:If your qualification appears on Point Based Calculator (PBS) then you do not need letter from Univ.
Irrespective of whether or not an applicant's qualification(s) is listed under English Language section of the points-based calculator, please note that a letter from University confirming degree was taught in English or a letter of comparability from NARIC are not acceptable evidences of English language proficiency under Tier 1.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:32 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
rajesh9pl wrote:If your qualification appears on Point Based Calculator (PBS) then you do not need letter from Univ.
Irrespective of whether or not an applicant's qualification(s) is listed under English Language section of the points-based calculator, please note that a letter from University confirming degree was taught in English or a letter of comparability from NARIC are not acceptable evidences of English language proficiency under Tier 1.

regards
True :idea:

CraveforUK
Newly Registered

Post by CraveforUK » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanks for the replies.

However, from mehta's reply, i am little confused. If i understand from his feedback, it is not the letter from the university which act as the proof for english language requirement.

If that is the case, what should be furnished as the proof for english language requirement ?

Thanks for your replies.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:47 am

CraveforUK wrote:If that is the case, what should be furnished as the proof for english language requirement ?
:shock:
Reading the Tier 1 policy guidance will be of immense help.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sudhakart
Newly Registered

Post by sudhakart » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:55 am

Hi

Recently I took english language certificate from University, they have just given me on Registar letter head with Sign and stamp.

Would that be enough as a proof for English lang certificate?

My concern is our general marks certificates looks diffrent from this.

They have given me language certificate on executive Bond paper.

Some one Please confirm!

Sudhakar

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:03 am

Reading English language should clear your doubt.

If you qualification is not on PBS then you need to take pescribed exam, pescribed in above link.

rely

Post by rely » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:22 pm

If points calculator confirms than no need to listen to every t d n harry , go ahead and fill up form.
rely
rajesh9pl wrote:Reading English language should clear your doubt.

If you qualification is not on PBS then you need to take pescribed exam, pescribed in above link.