ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to General Dependant to General Main

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vguk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 ICT to General Dependant to General Main

Post by vguk » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi,

My husdand is currently holding Tier 2 General dependant visa as am the main applicant, earlier to that he was in Tier 2 ICT main applicant. Now his new company is ready to sponsor him Tier 2 General visa. We are aware of 12 months cooling off period for him which is getting over by OCT 31st 2020.

Question:
1. Can he have a COS initiated and apply the visa towards the COS stating that visa application start date as Nov 1st 2020?
or
Should he wait till 1st of Nov to start the COS process along with the application

2. Not sure but heard last week we can do change in visa from UK itself and no need to travel back to home country for change in visa due to COVID-19. will this applicable for this situation?

Can anyone clarify on these please?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to General Dependant to General Main

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:58 pm

1. He needs to wait the full 12 months before he can apply online for tier 2 general.

2. By November, the concession to switch in country will likely be withdrawn already and he will have to apply form home country
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vguk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 ICT to General Dependant to General Main

Post by vguk » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:59 pm

Thank you CR001 for prompt response.