ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How Long takes to they send our documents back ?(EU1 APP)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

murilloinf
Newly Registered

How Long takes to they send our documents back ?(EU1 APP)

Post by murilloinf » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:06 am

Hi guys, we sent the application over 10 days ago(EU1 FORM), and I was wondering how long take to them send your documents back ?(Mine and my wife passports and also or original marriage certificated)
does anyone know ?
and does anyone could tell me how they send it back ?

Thanks

And thanks Christian for the advices down!
Last edited by murilloinf on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: How Long?

Post by ca.funke » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:10 am

murilloinf wrote:Hi guys, we sent the application over 10 days ago, and I was wondering how long take to them send your documents back ?
does anyone know ?
and does anyone could tell me how they send it back ?

Thanks
Hi murilloinf, welcome to the forum :!:

It may help if you would specify which application you sent to whom, and which documents you expect to be returned :?:

Also your heading "how long ?" sounds rather generic and will not prompt many people to look into your post :!:

Regards, Christian :)
Last edited by ca.funke on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:12 am

I was thinking the same thing? Did you apply for EU.1? As you stated in a previous post? If so I think it can take up to 6 months to process?

Somebody else can correct me if I wrong?

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:17 am

Looking into your previous post here (thanks ciaramc for promting me to do so), GNIB/DoJ/INIS usually return your documents by registered post.

When they do that seems to be a matter of luck from all I know so far.

I sent them a letter telling them I need them back ASAP, and they allowed me to pick them up in GNIB at Burgh Quai in person. But that may have been luck...

I hope you'll get more detailed feedback.

If you applied before the "3 months", as per the other post, as you receive the refusal do complain immediately !!!
Last edited by ca.funke on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

murilloinf
Newly Registered

Post by murilloinf » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:18 am

Thank you Christian, as always very helpful.

But just to be clear, took you 6 months to get yours back ?

MAKUSA
BANNED

THREE MONTHS SAGA

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:42 am

ca.funke wrote:Looking into your previous post here (thanks ciaramc for promting me to do so), GNIB/DoJ/INIS usually return your documents by registered post.

When they do that seems to be a matter of luck from all I know so far.

I sent them a letter telling them I need them back ASAP, and they allowed me to pick them up in GNIB at Burgh Quai in person. But that may have been luck...

I hope you'll get more detailed feedback.

If you applied before the "3 months", as per the other post, as you receive the refusal do complain immediately !!!
we have had to wait for three months (not quite, on the second month) i have writen to INIS and others for clarification but they dont seem to all know what they are doing.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:17 am

murilloinf wrote:But just to be clear, took you 6 months to get yours back ?
In my initial submission, I included a paper telling them that we would like to travel in 3 weeks, and therefore need them back.

"Could you please take copies and return immediately..."

After 1 week there was nothing, so I asked via email and an extra-letter...

...reply was by email, "pease pop-by in Burgh Quai and ask for me"...

As as result we had the papers back after roughly 10 days.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:49 pm

hey, i sent my application and they sent me my documents back in 4 to 5 days with the acknowledgment. so that is the the most 10 days i suppose

swann
Newly Registered

Post by swann » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:38 pm

i got my documents back after a week, via registered mail, enclosed with a letter of refusal for EU1, because i'm only here for a month.

i already know they will refuse my application, but i applied anyway just so i have a proof that i got refused, as advised in this forum before, then i can write a complaint with the sec-gen of the EU commission.

i need a valid residency of 3 months before i can apply for EU1, which is also the expiry of my stamp 3. should i go to the GNIB and renew my stamp before i send out my EU1 application again?

thank you!

MAKUSA
BANNED

what was the official's name

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:11 pm

swann wrote:i got my documents back after a week, via registered mail, enclosed with a letter of refusal for EU1, because i'm only here for a month.

i already know they will refuse my application, but i applied anyway just so i have a proof that i got refused, as advised in this forum before, then i can write a complaint with the sec-gen of the EU commission.

i need a valid residency of 3 months before i can apply for EU1, which is also the expiry of my stamp 3. should i go to the GNIB and renew my stamp before i send out my EU1 application again?

thank you!

Who refused your application, what was the official person's name on your refusal letter? the guy who signed the refusal letter.
Because it is wrong

MAKUSA
BANNED

Your refused is illegal

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:58 pm

swann wrote:i got my documents back after a week, via registered mail, enclosed with a letter of refusal for EU1, because i'm only here for a month.

thank you!

here is an email reply i received today off the EU treaty section, the three month wait is obsolute, you need to write them and tell them that you were refused illegally, they are so disorganised. You need to write to them ASAP

Dear xxxx,

I am directed by the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform to refer
to your email attached below.

In light of the European Court of Justice ruling in “Metock“of 25th July
2008, all applications rejected under Regulation 7(1)(a) of SI 656 of 2006
will now be processed from the date of original receipt by this office
under the provisions of Directive 2004/38/EC (the “Directive“) and a
decision on each application will issue within six months of this date.

Currently the Department is writing to all such applicants to inform them
of this and to request that they forward the following documents if they
have not already been submitted:

1. Original Passport for the applicant and the Passport/National ID of
the EU National
2. Evidence of the current activities of the EU National e.g. employment
contract
3. Evidence of the relationship with the EU National e.g. marriage
certificate.
4. Evidence of residence e.g. utility bills, letting agreement.
5. Two signed passport photographs for the applicant and EU National.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxx
EU Treaty Rights Section
Dept. Of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
An Roinn Dli & Cirt, Comhionannais & Athchóirthe Dli
13/14 Burgh Quay/ 13/14 Cé Burgh
Dublin 2/ Baile Atha Cliath 2
Ireland/ Éire

swann
Newly Registered

Post by swann » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:07 pm

hello First-Class Moron!
thank you very much for the reply!

the refusal letter was signed by:
Liam D. O'Connell
EU Treaty Rights Section
INIS
17/08/2008

so, i should send back another EU1 application letter, enclosing the documents you enumerated? can i also make a reference to the letter you received on my letter of complaint?

thank you!!!

MAKUSA
BANNED

Yes by all means quote the letter

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:14 pm

swann wrote:hello First-Class Moron!
thank you very much for the reply!

the refusal letter was signed by:
Liam D. O'Connell
EU Treaty Rights Section
INIS
17/08/2008

so, i should send back another EU1 application letter, enclosing the documents you enumerated? can i also make a reference to the letter you received on my letter of complaint?

thank you!!!
He gave you the wrong decision, write to him and tell him that this email was received to day. Its wrong decision. It was updated i think within the past week.

swann
Newly Registered

Post by swann » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:21 pm

wow, thank you very much!
i am going to write him the letter tonight, and post it tomorrow. it's crazy how they can say different things to different applicants.

thanks again! i will update here what their reply would be, hopefully, in two weeks the most.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Good luck

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:27 pm

swann wrote:wow, thank you very much!
i am going to write him the letter tonight, and post it tomorrow. it's crazy how they can say different things to different applicants.

thanks again! i will update here what their reply would be, hopefully, in two weeks the most.
No worries mate.

MAKUSA
BANNED

another thing

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:33 pm

swann wrote:wow, thank you very much!

On your refusal letter, they must have given you Justice ref no, starts with 69, basically you dont need to send docs or passport back to them,, only a written letter from you, passport photos and refusal letter because they copy all documents that you sent the first time.