ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 After 6 months wait&complaints/Any result?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sillym
Newly Registered

EEA2 After 6 months wait&complaints/Any result?

Post by sillym » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi everyone!Today itis 6 months since I applied for the EEA2 Residence Card and it is getting more and more frustrating that there is still no progress on my application and no further information request from the case worker. I was wondering, those of you who are in the same situation, when you have complained, did it help to push things through?I have sent complaints by fax and post and talked to someone on the phone, but they say your complaint was registered and they have time till sep 10th to reply to it. And I get stuck at that point. The SOLVIT guy that I have been in touch with from my husband's country is on vacation till Monday, so cannot contact him till then anyway. I am so fed up and sick of hearing how behind the Home Officew is with processing applications. How is that our problem?One time the home office told me that they hired and trained more people to speed up the process, but why does not it then make things any faster?My MP was totally useless, her caseworker anyway, she did not have a clue about European rights whatsoever. Even one of the MEP that I contacted was telling me things like 6 months is a guideline not a rule, thats why I emailed him the European Case work Instructions where paragraph 1.9 clearly states that it is a 6 months rule not a guideline. So please, share your batttle experiences and results.Thanks!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 After 6 months wait&complaints/Any result?

Post by Plum70 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:30 pm

sillym wrote:Hi everyone!Today itis 6 months since I applied for the EEA2 Residence Card and it is getting more and more frustrating that there is still no progress on my application and no further information request from the case worker. I was wondering, those of you who are in the same situation, when you have complained, did it help to push things through?I have sent complaints by fax and post and talked to someone on the phone, but they say your complaint was registered and they have time till sep 10th to reply to it. And I get stuck at that point. The SOLVIT guy that I have been in touch with from my husband's country is on vacation till Monday, so cannot contact him till then anyway. I am so fed up and sick of hearing how behind the Home Officew is with processing applications. How is that our problem?One time the home office told me that they hired and trained more people to speed up the process, but why does not it then make things any faster?My MP was totally useless, her caseworker anyway, she did not have a clue about European rights whatsoever. Even one of the MEP that I contacted was telling me things like 6 months is a guideline not a rule, thats why I emailed him the European Case work Instructions where paragraph 1.9 clearly states that it is a 6 months rule not a guideline. So please, share your batttle experiences and results.Thanks!
Hello Sillym, this topic is being discussed indepth here http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index. ... opic=70485. There is a wealth of useful information available vis a vis complaints and general correspondence with the UKBA. There is also a petition that is live and being signed by those affected by this issue and more.

Check it out and sign the petition while you're at it.

Cheers,

Chinye

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:33 pm

i dont think they care about the complaints .... as they dont care about the applications either....

i applied on 18th February as well... havent heard anything yet... still under consideration they say nothing else...... have faxed a few times... wrote a letter as well.. contacted Solvit as well they say wait a couple of more weeks as its only passed the six months... all they do is sit and have coffees...i guess....

I think we Just need to sit , be angry and wait....

sillym
Newly Registered

Post by sillym » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:12 am

Hi Plum70. I have already signed that petition. Cutepearl, yeah we need to be patient but I am just so sick of it like probably all of us. They are indeed just sitting their drinking their coffee. my SOLVIT guy first was very resistant about helping but then when I wrote to him myself, he said he will try t push things forward.... when he is back from his vacation. At least some can have vacation, others like me are stuck here waiting and waiting and vacation is something I can only dream about.lol