ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP after submitting online application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aizazali

Lost BRP after submitting online application

Post by aizazali » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi,

Background:
I am on a Tier 1 Ent visa, which is due to expire in May 2021. My five years completed in June and I submitted the online ILR applications the same month. The biometric date is scheduled for the end of August.

Question:
I am unable to find my BRP, what is the best course of action before I go for biometric?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Lost BRP after submitting online application

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:38 pm

aizazali wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:30 pm
Hi,

Background:
I am on a Tier 1 Ent visa, which is due to expire in May 2021. My five years completed in June and I submitted the online ILR applications the same month. The biometric date is scheduled for the end of August.

Question:
I am unable to find my BRP, what is the best course of action before I go for biometric?
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aizazali

Post by aizazali » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:38 pm
aizazali wrote:
Hi,

Background:

Question:

Thanks for the quick responses but it doesn't address the challenges followed by it.
With my ILR application I have provided the BRP which was lost. Assuming I receive the replacement BRP, then at the time of biometrics the replacement BRP number will be different from the one provided in the ILR application. That is if the replacement BRP is received prior to the biometric data.

If you can kindly further expand on that, that would be helpful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Do you have a photo copy of the brp??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:59 pm

aizazali wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:40 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
aizazali wrote:
Hi,

Background:

Question:

Thanks for the quick responses but it doesn't address the challenges followed by it.
With my ILR application I have provided the BRP which was lost. Assuming I receive the replacement BRP, then at the time of biometrics the replacement BRP number will be different from the one provided in the ILR application. That is if the replacement BRP is received prior to the biometric data.

You should report it lost by law anyways. If you have a copy and you already uploaded that, it should be fine. If I was you, I would report it lost and also mention that in the cover letter and upload with the documents.
Keep the lost report safe as that will be your evidence of not sending the current BRP back after ILR is approved plus take that to the biometrics appointment also.

You may not need a replacement card for now because you can not travel anyway till your application is decided. But in case you want to ask for a replacement, and you get that before the biometrics appointment, you can always mention that in the cover letter and upload the new BRP copy with other documents.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aizazali

Post by aizazali » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:42 pm
Do you have a photo copy of the brp??
Yes

aizazali

Post by aizazali » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:59 pm
aizazali wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
aizazali wrote:
Hi,

Background:

Question:

You should report it lost by law anyways. If you have a copy and you already uploaded that, it should be fine. If I was you, I would report it lost and also mention that in the cover letter and upload with the documents.
Keep the lost report safe as that will be your evidence of not sending the current BRP back after ILR is approved plus take that to the biometrics appointment also.

You may not need a replacement card for now because you can not travel anyway till your application is decided. But in case you want to ask for a replacement, and you get that before the biometrics appointment, you can always mention that in the cover letter and upload the new BRP copy with other documents.
Appreciate it.Very helpful.

The situation is that I have already applied for an ILR and uploaded the documents.
If at the current stage I report it as lost. Then at the time of Biometric, will I get an option to add the letter confirming the loss of BRP?

Just need a clarity on the next steps, as I do not intend to rush things at this crucial juncture.

Once again, thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:13 pm

aizazali wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:59 pm
aizazali wrote:

Appreciate it.Very helpful.

The situation is that I have already applied for an ILR and uploaded the documents.
If at the current stage I report it as lost. Then at the time of Biometric, will I get an option to add the letter confirming the loss of BRP?

Just need a clarity on the next steps, as I do not intend to rush things at this crucial juncture.

Once again, thanks.
You can upload any documents before biometrics appointment. I would advise you to add a cover letter anyways for whatever you choose to do i.e. report it lost only OR new replacement.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:20 pm

Also, even AFTER biometrics, if you ever want to communicate with your case worker in regards to your application or update, you can use the following address:

Tier 1 ILR
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:55 pm

I have just dug a little more into it:

The replacement application form says:

Do not make an application for a replacement biometric residence permit (BRP) if you have recently made an application for leave to remain. If your application for leave is successful, you will be issued with a new BRP.”

Conclusion: Just report it as lost ONLY. Since you already have uploaded and have a copy of it, just keep the lost report handy when you go for your biometrics appointment. Also, add in the cover letter that its lost and you have reported it.

https://www.biometric-residence-permit. ... okie-check

aizazali

Post by aizazali » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:30 pm

Thank you @cullinan.