ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to TIER 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajgo
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to TIER 2 General

Post by rajgo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:37 am

I have similar case. I am on Tier 2 ICT visa and my wife and child are on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa.

Visa expiry date: 03rd July 2020
Applied for my Tier 2 ICT extension: 15th April,2020
Applied for my wife and child Tier 2 ICT dependent extension: 24th April 2020

For me, received an email that UKVCAS/UKVI will be reusing the previous biometric but for wife and child,they need to attend the biometric appointment in this month.

My wife employer is ready to sponsor her on Tier 2 General and applied for RCoS.

I have 2 queries:
1) I have read in other posts that existing application to be valid, we should provide the biometrics before varying the application. So would you suggest that wife and child attend the biometrics first and then we vary their applications to Tier 2 General?

2) I have a confusion based on below information if we can vary wife and child application to Tier 2 General from UK even when leave has been extended by section 3c?

"While the person’s leave is extended by section 3C they cannot make a new application for variation of leave. This is because Section 3C (4) states: ‘A person may not make an application for variation of his leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom while that leave is extended by this section.” However, section 3C (5) does allow the person to amend their existing application at any time before it is decided by the Secretary of State. The application to amend the existing application has to be a valid application"

Looking forward to hear from experts.

rajgo
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to TIER 2 General

Post by rajgo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Can any expert please reply..I am waiting to book an appointment or vary an application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:11 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures

UKCVAS is currently offering appointments for May applicants. Have you not received an email? Have you checked your spam/junk folder?

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajgo
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajgo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:20 pm

Thanks for replying.
I have received the email to book the appointment for Tier 2 ICT application for my wife and child but for me Home Office has sent an email that biometric will be reused but they will send an email in few weeks for photo identity. I have not yet booked an appointment for my wife and child for Tier 2 ICT application.

But my queries are on the switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General .

1) On 3C leave can I vary my Wife and child application to Tier 2 General?
2) Is it recommended to attend the biometric appointment for Tier 2 ICT application before the application is varied to Tier 2 General?

Ssubrama
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ssubrama » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi Rajgo,
Did you make the switch application for your wife?
Your input would be very helpful for us as we are in a similar situation.
Cheers
Seetha

zaclancer
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zaclancer » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi Rajgo,

Have you applied within UK to switch from Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 2 General for your wife?
I really appreciate any response, please.

Thanks!