ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Visitor to Work Permit to Long Residence plus dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jb51214
Newly Registered

Business Visitor to Work Permit to Long Residence plus dependants

Post by jb51214 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:57 am

My 2 years Business Visa was valid from Nov-2009 to Nov-2011.

1. I travelled many times, but counting my 'continuous stay' from an entry date of 18-09-2010 -departure from UK 28-12-2010 (note the business visa was still valid for another 11 months).

2. Applied for Tier-2 ICT with family in Feb 2011, got it stamped (entry clearance) in March 2011, travelled (alone) again in April 2011.

3. All family came to UK in May 2011

4. In the UK all future visas were Tier 2 ICT extensions (all in-country applications), then got Tier 2 General in-country in Oct 2018 (valid through Oct 2023).

5. My 10 years complete on 18-September-2020. Counting Business visitor visa + Tier 2 work permits. But my family (wife, 3 children - 10 years, 7 years, 1 year old) are all Tier 2 PBS dependants of mine.

Based on above I am looking for answers to questions below.

Q1. Can I apply (Business visa last departure and work permit application gap was 2 months i.e. more than 28 days; though I still had my business visa valid for another 11 months)

Q2. If I apply using URGENT route and get my ILR in Sep 2020; will my two younger children who were born in the UK and are on T2 PBS visa, be able to get ILR/citizenship directly?

Q3. What happens to wife's visa? I understand it will remain valid (unless we get a curtailment notice)? I dont want to apply a visa e.g. in Sep 2020 as a dependant of settled person and then again in May 2021 for her own ILR (based on Long Residence - as her 10 years will complete in May 2021).

Please share your thoughts, opinions, and advice.

PS: There are no long gaps and I satisfy all other requirements for ILR (at least to my understanding)

I am following other posts and have gather

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Business Visitor to Work Permit to Long Residence plus dependants

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:48 pm

1. Yes, all visas count
2. Your UK born children can be registered directly as British using form MN1 after you get ILR
3. Your wife's visa remains valid however she better not travel (as she could be refused re-entry) until she gets ILR herself.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice