ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quota system for Tier 1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashubhatt

Quota system for Tier 1 visa

Post by ashubhatt » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:14 am

Hi There,

I am thinking of applying for HSMP visa. I am currently on a workpermit in UK and scored sufficient points to pass for tier 1 visa.

I have few questions and wondering if you guys can help me

1. what is the best way of applying for HSMP visa. I have contacted few london based immigration lawyers & they are charging lot of money. what is the other way? Directly applying to home office is worth it or should i go through consultants only?

2. Do HSMP has a quota system as in if they release certain number of visa's every year.? or do they give visa to everyone who qualify?

Thanks
Ashu

egoode
Newly Registered

Post by egoode » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:15 pm

There's no quota system so if you meet the criteria you should have no problem with getting the visa.

Personally I think the application can be done by yourself as it is pretty straight forward and they explain exactly what they are looking for. I would only go through a consultancy if your case is complicated.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:27 pm

No need to look for any consultant or immigration expert. Applying Tier1 is fairly easy but you need to spend some time and apply your high skill in reading and understaning the stated meaning of Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system - policy guidance.