ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Information1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Extension

Post by Information1 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:02 pm

Hope all of you are well

I would appreciate if any useful information can be shared for the following

1. My current Tier 2 ( General ) visa will expire at end of July 2020 , my employer raised request for Ucos at mid may and its not been issued yet , as priority service for employer is also suspended at the moment , so perhaps no option other than to wait ?

2. If HO did not issued the Ucos by end of July 2020 , what are options available for me to cover the waiting time , until employer received the Ucos for issuance ?

3. If i did not apply for any visa category by end of visa time , will it be count as an over stayer afterward or will i have another 60 days to apply for visa extension as delay is from HO ?

4. If its delayed and i receive Ucos later than end of July , what it will impact on my 5 Year Tier 2 Route and 10 year route as my 10 year will end in June 2021 and 5 years on Tier 2 on July 2022 .

5. Will it be wise to apply for FLR HRO to explain them the exceptional circumstances that have caused the delay of Ucos for employer and than switch the application once Ucos received ?

Kindly comment on above and any suggestion will be appreciated .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Extension

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:12 pm

1. Have they contact the business helpdesk??

2. You don't really have many. There is no bridging visas. Ho has been issue RCoS, so your employer should contact them.

3. Yes you will be an overstayer and won't be allowed to work, use free NHS, rent etc. There is no such thing as "60 days" grace period to apply for a visa extension.

4. Yes it can have an impact on ikr as you need legal stay to qualify.

5. Your choice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Information1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Information1 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:11 am

Thanks for your response and clarification !

Information1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Extension

Post by Information1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:57 pm

what are the documents required to apply for tier 2 extension
1. Valid Passport
2. BRP Card
3. IHS reference
4. COS
?
So process is to apply online and scan these documents ? Is there any other mandatory document ? Than wait for UKVI appointment for biometrics ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:06 pm

Information1 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:57 pm
what are the documents required to apply for tier 2 extension
1. Valid Passport
2. BRP Card
3. IHS reference
4. COS
?
So process is to apply online and scan these documents ? Is there any other mandatory document ? Than wait for UKVI appointment for biometrics ?
Please do not tag your questions onto topics that are not relevant to your query. Post split and your topics have been merged. Please keep all your questions on the same application in one thread, this one.

You need to follow the online process. There are minimal documents for an extension. There are delays for biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.