ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply to Permanent Residence having Settle Status (CSI Issues for BC)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uklondonn
Spain

Apply to Permanent Residence having Settle Status (CSI Issues for BC)

Post by uklondonn » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:31 pm

Hi,

I wanted to apply for British Citizenship (Naturalisation) but after an update on the guide on May to require CSI, I'm thinking on alternatives.

I've got 3 months without CSI from a period of 8 months that I've not been working, at the beginning of the 5 years qualifying period prior my settle status. (I've been looking for a job on those 3 months, but I don't have too many proofs about that. So it's unclear they are going to accept it)

Applying for PR, I would be able to choose the 5 year qualifying period and in some months, I will be able to apply to BC with the PR route.

But I've got some doubts:

1-I've read the whole guide for PR, and It says I should provide a P60 and It should cover the whole year, but what year? The financial year? Or a natural year?

Let's say I need to start my 5 qualifying years on September 2014 (My first work in the UK). Providing a P60 from financial year 2014/2015, When they are going to start to count? September 2014? January 2015?

2- Am I allowed to send individual payslips? I guess I need to have a cover letter explaining this... Would be enough explaining than I want to obtain the start of the 5 qualifying years as soon as I started to work? So I can try to apply for BC before January 2021 (When PR won't be valid anymore)? And I need those extra months from the previous natural year (En case the P60 is valid only for the natural year)

3- Anyone knows if PR would be a valid method to apply for British Citizenship after January 2021? Does it says this in any guide/document?

4- Are they going to question me about my Settle Status? Like why I'm applying to PR having Settle Status? I'm not sure if I should say clearly I might got issues with CSI having my Settle Status and applying to BC...

5- I have read several times in the guide that I only need to provide proofs about the 5 qualifying years. But they ask in the form about the date when you moved to England. Are they going to ask anything between that date and the start of the 5 qualifying years?

6- If they reject my application for any reason, Are they going to take this in account when applying to BC with Settle Status (which is already approved)?

7- Can invalidate the PR my Settle Status?

Sorry about that quantity of questions... I've been reading during years (Many documents and threads on this forum) and when I finally had a plan to obtain BC (Having Settle Status)... I got the bad surprise on May about the updated guide and the "new" requirement for CSI.

I have either the choice to gamble and see if they are fine with the proofs I've got... or try the PR route.

But for the PR route I need to do it ASAP. I would be super helpful if someone can give me a hand with the questions...

Many thanks!!

uklondonn
Spain

Re: Apply to Permanent Residence having Settle Status (CSI Issues for BC)

Post by uklondonn » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:33 am

My head is going to explode trying to find information about those questions... :shock: But I found something for my question 5 on this thread:
https://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-r ... 65294.html
I would *not* detail the degree in the application, given it's outside your 5-year period so it's irrelevant to the application. Just say in the covering letter that you've studied in the UK during xx time doing xx degree, but that you've answered 'No' as it's irrelevant to the PR application as outside the 5-year period. This means you don't need to give details of CSI/EHIC.
The thread is locked... and I can't send private messages (I don't know why) so I can't verify this information with the user...

And I understand it's difficult to find people that knows about Permanent Residence applications for EEA as everybody is applying for Settle Status.... But It would be amaaaaaazing if someone can help me a little bit...

The key questions would be:

5- I prefer to avoid showing when I didn't have CSI so I don't give them the opportunity to deny my application... That's why I'm asking if I need to send proofs of documentations (Or even fill the form) for the period I was not working and I didn't have CSI. But as It's asking on the form for the date I've arrived to the UK and what I was doing from that date... I'm in doubt... (After this period, I have been working until now, which is very close to 6 years)

7- Can I have any issues having already Settle Status? (Like invalidate Settle Status)

My plan is to try to apply for PR, and if they approve it, then apply for British Citizenship "6 qualifying years". (Before December 2020) But this will only happen if they accept my first payslips... If they take in account only natural years or the year of my first P60, then the PR is not an option for me, as I will need to apply after 2020....

If I'm not lucky, I will think if I should apply for BC with Settle Status, depending on the reason to deny the application.

Thanks!

uklondonn
Spain

Re: Apply to Permanent Residence having Settle Status (CSI Issues for BC)

Post by uklondonn » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:46 am

More about question 5.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-r ... 27-20.html
Don't worry about previous gaps. This is not a visa.
Previous non-qualifying periods are just disregarded because they don''t contribute towards PR.
There is no penalty (apart from 'refusal' :cry: ).
So don't worry about 'exposing' gaps.

When you apply you just needed to be sure there is one qualifying period. And to spoonfeed the caseworker you can point it out in a cogent cover letter.
I'm hoping the sentence highlighted in yellow is true. So I don't need to worry about my gaps on employment...

Can anyone confirm this by reading others experiences or they own experiences, please? :)