ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can you stay outside of Ireland during Citizenship application (stamp 4)?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

otavio
Newly Registered
Brazil

How long can you stay outside of Ireland during Citizenship application (stamp 4)?

Post by otavio » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi,

I have been living in Ireland for almost 6 years on Critical Skills visa first then Stamp 4 and I am currently waiting for my citizenship application to be processed.

Given the Covid-19 situation and the possibility of working remotely full time, I am considering spending some time working remotely outside of Ireland, but before making this decision I'd like to clarify two points that someone here might be able to help me with:

1) How long am I allowed to stay outside of Ireland on a Stamp 4 visa?
2) Will staying outside of Ireland impact my current citizenship application somehow?

I've done a lot of research on that but I can't find anything solid on the official websites.

Thanks,
Otavio.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: How long can you stay outside of Ireland during Citizenship application (stamp 4)?

Post by littlerr » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:58 pm

1. 90 days if you obtained your Stamp 4 via CSEP.

2. In theory, no, as there is no additional requirement on your residency after the application is submitted.
However, you have in your application declared that you intend to continue living in Ireland as your main residency, so any major situation change might raise some questions.
In reality, one of my colleague lived outside of Ireland for most of time after he submitted his application, and his application was approved eventually without any questions (although he’s EU national so he doesn’t need to worry about Stamp 4 conditions).

otavio
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: How long can you stay outside of Ireland during Citizenship application (stamp 4)?

Post by otavio » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:19 am

Thanks for your response, litter.

I've found this document and apparently, during Covid it should be fine to only stay in Ireland for 183 a year.

In relation to staying outside of Ireland in normal conditions, I understood that if you live outside of Ireland you must annually send this form to the embassy where you are living, but it should be ok?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:10 pm

The second bit of your post only arise after a successful grant of naturalisation certificate.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors