ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Uploading on VFS website HELP!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Diane2020
Newly Registered
United States of America

Self Uploading on VFS website HELP!

Post by Diane2020 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:11 pm

I am a US citizen, applying in the USA, for a spouse visa going cash savings route. I seem to have hit a roadblock while self uploading scanned docs on the VFS website . . . and their website doesn’t appear to offer much guidance. My questions are:

I only have a few pdf docs to upload, but the categories they need to be uploaded to are unclear. My required docs are:
1. Copy of bio data page for my spouse (This is obviously Sponsor Evidence)
2. My passport (do I need to scan and upload at all? Or just mail it off after?)
3. Evidence of shared responsibilities (is this Financial Evidence? Or Proof of Relationship?)
4. Proof of citizenship for my spouse- her UK passport (do I scan her entire passport? Or mail it off too?)
5. Marriage certificate (This is obviously Proof of Relationship)
6. Savings account statements x4 (sort of obvious, accts in my name Financial Evidence, but one acct is just in my spouses name - would that be Sponsor Evidence? Or Financial Evidence?)
7. Source of cash savings declarations x4 (same question as #6)

The choice of categories are:
Additional Documents/other
Employment Evidence
Accommodation
Consent Letters and Proof of Relationship
Financial Evidence
Educational Evidence
Appendix II
Sponsor Evidence

Also, I uploaded most docs before making my biometric appt. and printed the receipt which shows uploaded PDFs in the File column, but the Description column is blank.
Does that matter?
And now when I upload additional docs, they are there when I review, but not on the receipt when I reprint or re download it.
Does that matter? Is there a way to update the receipt and reprint it?

My current passport is only one year old, all my previous travel history for last 10 years is in previous passport. Should I mail it off too? Or scan and upload to which category?

Finally, I did have ILR thirty odd years ago in an old passport but came back to the USA 15 years ago, and therefore it is invalid - but should I include a copy of that old passport and IRL visa? If so, upload to what category? Or mail off actual old passport with my original.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Re: Self Uploading on VFS website HELP!

Post by bathanza » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:05 pm

I copied this image from another post on this board which I found incredibly useful. Hope this helps
Attachments
Capture-.JPG
Guidance
Capture-.JPG (125.42 KiB) Viewed 2467 times

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Covee
United Kingdom

Post by Covee » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:33 pm

Diane2020 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:11 pm

1. Copy of bio data page for my spouse (This is obviously Sponsor Evidence)
2. My passport (do I need to scan and upload at all? Or just mail it off after?) I scanned the entire passport for my wife (she was the applicant and I was the sponsor) I attached it as a PDF file with every page scanned.
3. Evidence of shared responsibilities (is this Financial Evidence? Or Proof of Relationship?) My wife applied for UK Spouse visa, first application, and I did not have a section called "Evidence of Shared Responsibilities", I had a section called "Financial Evidence" and in it I uploaded bank statements, wageslips and Employer letter as we went down Catogory A income route
4. Proof of citizenship for my spouse- her UK passport (do I scan her entire passport? Or mail it off too?) As the sponsor I scanned and uploaded every page of my passport in a single PDF file, people told me only the Bio page is required but scanning the entire thing did me no harm
5. Marriage certificate (This is obviously Proof of Relationship)
6. Savings account statements x4 (sort of obvious, accts in my name Financial Evidence, but one acct is just in my spouses name - would that be Sponsor Evidence? Or Financial Evidence?) I would put this in Financial Evidence section. Please ensure the statements meet the very strict criteria They must be on original bank stationary, if they are online print outs then each page need to be stamped by a bank branch, if the online statements look exactly the same format as the ones the bank sends in the post then you might get away with not stamping them, but if in doubt, stamp.
7. Source of cash savings declarations x4 (same question as #6)

The choice of categories are:
Additional Documents/other
Employment Evidence
Accommodation
Consent Letters and Proof of Relationship
Financial Evidence
Educational Evidence
Appendix II
Sponsor Evidence

Also, I uploaded most docs before making my biometric appt. and printed the receipt which shows uploaded PDFs in the File column, but the Description column is blank.
Does that matter? I checked my receipt and can confirm my description column was blank too, so I wouldn't worry
And now when I upload additional docs, they are there when I review, but not on the receipt when I reprint or re download it.
Does that matter? Is there a way to update the receipt and reprint it? I got a new receipt confirmation when I confirmed and continued to final page, my advice is to ensure all your documents are showing on the receipt in case there is any discrepancy later on, you can prove you submitted all the docs

My current passport is only one year old, all my previous travel history for last 10 years is in previous passport. Should I mail it off too? Or scan and upload to which category? If I remember correctly, you must show all previous travel, if you have a new passport I would also scan and upload all your previous passports under additional documents section

Finally, I did have ILR thirty odd years ago in an old passport but came back to the USA 15 years ago, and therefore it is invalid - but should I include a copy of that old passport and IRL visa? If so, upload to what category? Or mail off actual old passport with my original. You need to include details of all previous visa applications, I would scan and upload passport and visa details

Covee
United Kingdom

Post by Covee » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:34 pm

bathanza wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:05 pm
I copied this image from another post on this board which I found incredibly useful. Hope this helps
This looks like wayy tooo many documents for first spouse visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:35 pm

Covee wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:34 pm
bathanza wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:05 pm
This looks like wayy tooo many documents for first spouse visa.
The pic is from ukcvas and is a GUIDE for ALL different types of applications!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.