ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 & Tier 2 dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ATHILL
Newly Registered
India

MN1 & Tier 2 dependant

Post by ATHILL » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:20 am

Hi

I have already applied for Tier 2 dependent visa extension with HO (with no appointments available any time soon), got an email from case worker that my visa is extended until a decision is made on my application, whenever that is.

Meanwhile, my little one is eligible to be registered as british citizen as my husband got ILR last year and little one was born in the UK. We have applied for MN1, both our dependant visa's as expiring by end of this month.

Questions:

I am hoping my little one is okay to stay until MN1 is sorted out?
Does the little one's MN1 application is dependant on my Tier 2 dependant extension? will it be on hold?

Thanks for your help.

vinny

Re: MN1 & Tier 2 dependant

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:29 pm

Should be okay. However, while she an overstayer, they may subject her to any non-exempt NHS charges.
Her registration is dependent on your husband’s ILR and not on your status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.