ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR(M) application situation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Huss2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR(M) application situation

Post by Huss2020 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:45 pm

hi guys,

Stuck in a bit of a situation with my wifes ilr m visa application.

Shes on 5 year partner route. Her ilr m application was put in in early june, £2.5k fees paid. Her visa expired on 30th june.

She hadnt done her life in uk test at the time of the application was made which we were told was fine as long as we passes this before her ukvas appointment.

Now the issue.

She is struggling really badly with her liuk test and i dont think she will be able to pass this in time for her ukvas appointment.

What are our options here.
What if she cant pass the test for her ilr m application appointment?
Will be need to get another 2.5 yesr extension instead? Do we have to pay the fees again having paid £2.4k ilr m fees?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR(M) application situation

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:05 pm

Huss2020 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:45 pm
hi guys,

Stuck in a bit of a situation with my wifes ilr m visa application.

Shes on 5 year partner route. Her ilr m application was put in in early june, £2.5k fees paid. Her visa expired on 30th june.

She hadnt done her life in uk test at the time of the application was made which we were told was fine as long as we passes this before her ukvas appointment.

Now the issue.

She is struggling really badly with her liuk test and i dont think she will be able to pass this in time for her ukvas appointment.

What are our options here.
What if she cant pass the test for her ilr m application appointment?
Will be need to get another 2.5 yesr extension instead? Do we have to pay the fees again having paid £2.4k ilr m fees?
Dont loose hope. Google “life in the uk test web” and the website at the top has 15 exams. Ask her to do those 15 exams thoroughly. No need to do anything else. She will pass the test. Note, that website has “tests” and “exams”. Do the 15 “exams”. Pretty easy and quick to do.

Also, since you already have applied for ILR, you must supply Life in UK test, otherwise it will be refused. I think the only other way would be to VARY your application into another extension.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:05 pm

I believe in always preparing for these sorts of things well in advance.

I would get your wife to concentrate on the sample questions. My wife worked day and night on doing sample questions, (over and over again) more so than reading the text book. They are multiple choice answers. Over a period of time she got to learn the answers that way.

I will let someone else answer your question about what if your wife doesn't pass it. My guess would be that she would have to change to, or be given, another period of FLR (M).

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:13 pm

@huss2020

Myself, my wife, my parents-in-law and around 20 other people I know in my circle passed the Life in UK just from those 15 exams. We did not even buy the book or do anything else.

Since you are in a rush and state of urgency, I would highly urge you to ask your wife to only do those 15 exams thoroughly and take the test. She will pass, I can almost guarantee it.

Im sure you will return and say your wife passed the test. Good luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:54 pm

Without studying the official material the preparation will always remain imperfect because many anonymous websites are containing outdated information. Notwithstanding of that I even seen few people who passed the test without studying anything.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.