ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family member and ILR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fellow212212
Newly Registered
Nigeria

EEA Family member and ILR

Post by Fellow212212 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:05 am

Hi guys,
You guys have been so helpful in past.
I have series of question and would appreciate if someone can help.
I am currently on a residency Permit of a family member of EEA nation wife, and we are married.
My current residence permit for 5yrs is ending in couple of month but not sure if i should apply with wife for the settlements scheme or apply for my ilr. And it is the ilr what form will i use as a family member under the 5yr route? Also should my wife apply for the settlements scheme before i apply for my ilr? We are both working and got 2kids.

Please advise.

Thanks

vinny

Re: EEA Family member and ILR

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:55 am

Apply for ILR under the EU Settlement Scheme.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Fellow212212
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Fellow212212 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:10 am

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the response.
Am abit confused at your reaponse
Cos you said apply for ilr under the settlement.
But does my partner need to apply for yhe settlement? Also for me, not sure what you meant by applying under the settlement, will that just applying via the normal ilr form or settlement scheme. And one more would i have to do the life in uk test?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:38 am

Fellow212212 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:10 am
Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the response.
Am abit confused at your reaponse
Cos you said apply for ilr under the settlement.
But does my partner need to apply for yhe settlement? Also for me, not sure what you meant by applying under the settlement, will that just applying via the normal ilr form or settlement scheme. And one more would i have to do the life in uk test?
Useful if you click on and read the information in the links vinny has provided (clue is the blue underlined words 'ILR' and 'EU Settlement Scheme'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.