ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Passport Renewal

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bzhao
China

Child Passport Renewal

Post by bzhao » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:56 am

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

I am trying to renew my daughter's British passport online. She got her British Citizenship through Registration and her first British passport nearly 5 years ago, and now it's time to renew.

I just wonder what I need to send to the passport office as supporting documents. I spoke to the helpline this morning, and I was told that, I need to send my passport and my wife's passport as supporting documents. I am not sure about this, as my daughter got her citizenship through registration. I don't think we sent my passport and my wife's passport even for my daughter's first British passport application. Any idea?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Passport Renewal

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:54 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bzhao
China

Post by bzhao » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:12 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:54 am
Have you read the guidance notes?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 11.19_.pdf
Thank you very much CR001. Yes, I read the guidance notes a while ago, and it doesn't say that parents' passports are needed as supporting material (in the case of an renewal for a child whose British citizenshp is obtained through registration). That's why I am confused when I was told that my passport and my wife's passport are needed. I guess that we just need to follow the guidance notes, but thought to get more expert opinion here.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:19 pm

Perhaps the call centre didn't quite understand your query. I suggest follow the guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:57 pm

I would start by sending only documents requested when you do application. If they will need additional documents, they will ask for them (they will send a letter about it).
In our case they asked for child birth certificate (which was not on the initial list of documents when we applied), but not for parents passports (child citizenship by registration, 1st passport)

bzhao
China

Post by bzhao » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:19 pm
Perhaps the call centre didn't quite understand your query. I suggest follow the guidance notes.
Thank you, CR001.

bzhao
China

Post by bzhao » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:14 pm

obormot wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:57 pm
I would start by sending only documents requested when you do application. If they will need additional documents, they will ask for them (they will send a letter about it).
In our case they asked for child birth certificate (which was not on the initial list of documents when we applied), but not for parents passports (child citizenship by registration, 1st passport)
Thank you, obormot. I agree.