ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settled Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nina Roche
China

EU Settled Status

Post by Nina Roche » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:21 pm

Hi guys,

My whole family (Husband-French, Child-French, and me-non EU citizen) has applied settled status after 5 years of residence in UK recently, through online application - app and gov.uk website according to gov.uk instruction. The online application process are very fast.

We've now got two (out of three) results already ( for my husband and my child). Theirs are really fast.
1.Applied in 6/6/2020 Saturday in the internet, the next Monday noon, 8th June, my husband got its settled status! Like crazy. We are so impressed by its efficiency.
2. a few weeks passed, my child also got its settled status.
3. I haven't heard anything and still waiting. I did get a CoA automatically generated and immediately after I finish online process (I came to UK with my husband in 2015 and I have 5 years of BRP; we both have been living and working here ever since. Nothing complicated)

So I start checking, getting a bit confused about processing time information that I read from different places and here. Hope someone could help to clarify and I'd know what I should expect.

In gov.uk, the information is as below
----------
Expected processing times
You do not need to contact us once you have applied. We will contact you if we need any further information. There’s no change to your status in the UK while your application is processed.

It usually takes around 5 working days for complete applications to be processed if no further information is required, but it can take up to a month.

Your application is likely to take longer than a month to process if:

we need to request more information from you
you’re applying as a minor and your application is not linked to an adult
you submit a paper application - for example if your application is based on a derivative right to reside in the UK
you have a relevant criminal record
you’re a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and are applying based on a relationship you haven’t relied on in a previous application to the Home Office
----------

I'm a non-EEA but none of the above conditions that take longer than a month applied to me. Here in the forum, I could not find any application timeline that sent through online application / digital process or after COVID-19 started. And both my husband and child are so fast, consistent with what gov.uk instructed.
So I'm wondering anywhere I can find that kind of case reference or feedback. How long does it take for them to process a standard non-EEA application statistically?

Many thanks for your input!

Garth1989

Re: EU Settled Status

Post by Garth1989 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:44 am

I would suggest that you look at the Timelines thred in this forum as it will give you an indication of processing times for Non-EEA nationals applications. In short, it can be anything up to 11 months for some applications but i would say the average this year is around 4-6 months because of Covid. This may start to decrease as backlog clears though.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:38 am

Thanks Garth1989!
OKay!
The extreme fast process time, my husband (half working day speed), as well as my son's, had me secretly hoping this online process may be faster. Maybe it was just luck :D.

The phone line I called said it could be anytime soon or later (because of COVID). Basically said nothing. :lol:

This forum is great but seems not many online applicants share their experience / processing time. It seems somewshat different. For example, the application process is highly automated with only a few steps. It does not even give us places to upload extra documents we prepared. The website (not applicants) decides whether you should apply settled or pre-settled status... etc. CoA is generated the same day as you applied. No Bio metrics appointment...etc. The whole process takes less than an hour... The next step is to wait for the result, unless they contact you to ask for extra documents. So different from the paper application we did 5 years ago... Just share it here.

Anyway, now, I'll put it aside and don't expect anything different.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:22 pm

Garth1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:44 am
I would suggest that you look at the Timelines thred in this forum as it will give you an indication of processing times for Non-EEA nationals applications. In short, it can be anything up to 11 months for some applications but i would say the average this year is around 4-6 months because of Covid. This may start to decrease as backlog clears though.
Hi Garth, I guess since everything moves to online, the process is probably much faster.
I've got the settled status 2 months later. But only a week after I complained to MP and she wrote a letter to HO. Can't say it is coincidence because similar outcomes happen to so many people when they either wrote to MP or complainted officially.

Gov.uk updated their processing time line in May 2020 which COVID has already happened for quite some time. Those are their own words, I'd assume they have a certain responsibility to hold up for what they say. :D

Nina Roche
China

Re: EU Settled Status after online application

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:29 pm

Just in case, anyone accidently clicked into here. I provided timeline info here which might help.

Application online 6th June 2020
COA 6th June 2020
Granted settled status 14th Aug 2020.

After no news in 2 months, I wrote a letter to MP about process delay of my application. She wrote to HO in the next day. Then a week later here we go. :D

Thanks for the company of the forum.
Wish everyone good luck and have obtained good results that bring much peace of mind and serenity!