ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired Ielts cert reuse for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greattreekk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Korea South

Expired Ielts cert reuse for ILR

Post by greattreekk » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:06 pm

Hi all,
I have an old Ielts cert which I used about 5years ago to apply my Tier 2 visa. I just found out that the homeoffice English requirement page says that I can use it again even though it expired if I have used for immigration application before.

- Mine was B2 level and ILR require B1.
- I have used once this cert and want to reuse 5 years old one.
- it is the one before they changed Ielts categories from general to ukvi one.

Can I still use this?

If I want to double check about this, where should I contact? Does anyone have contact detail to the homeoffice visa department?

Many thanks!

jhalakp
Newly Registered
India

Re: Expired Ielts cert reuse for ILR

Post by jhalakp » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:27 pm

Hello Mate,

Sorry to trouble you but I am almost on the same situation. I gave my IELTS exam in 2015. Although it wasn't mandatory for me but I just gave it for the safe side.

Can you please send me the link where it says that we can use old IELTS certificate for visa? I was unable to find it.

Thanks for your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:33 pm

“If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter”

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

quoala
Mood:
England

Post by quoala » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:55 pm

IELTS General Training is no longer in the list, so I guess this won't be accepted?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 5.2020.pdf