ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Dependant visa query

Post by shoaibrehman » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi,

I had my ILR approved last year via Tier 2 general route and my Mrs is still on a tier 2 dependant visa which is valid until 14 Sep 2020.

We're planning to apply for an extension via Tier 2 general dependant route but I have a couple of questions:

1. She's a registered pharmacist and I read somewhere that the health care workers including pharmacists will get automatic extension to their visas. Is that applicable on PBS dependants who work as health workers?
2. Does she qualify for IHS surcharge exemption? If so then do we pay first and then claim a refund?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant visa query

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:09 pm

1. There is no automatic extension. It is done through the employer. She needs to consult with her employer but I suspect the free extension is offered to eligible Tier 2 sponsored workers and their family members. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-health-w ... -extension

2. Not if she has to apply normally
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Post by shoaibrehman » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:40 am

1. There is no automatic extension. It is done through the employer. She needs to consult with her employer but I suspect the free extension is offered to eligible Tier 2 sponsored workers and their family members. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-health-w ... -extension
Thank you.

2. Not if she has to apply normally
But she's on PBS dependant visa and working as a registered pharmacist. Is there any official guide available?

Thanks for your help!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:37 pm

No. Contact UKVI via email directly
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Post by shoaibrehman » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:07 pm

Do you know the email address please?

Thanks

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Post by shoaibrehman » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Hi all,

Just reopening this topic instead of creating a new one as my question is related to the same subject.

--

So I applied for my partner's tier 2 extension and we submitted our application on 02 Sep 2020 and an invite to use IDV app was received a few days later on 11 Sep and we submitted our checks right away.

It's been a while and we've not received any further communication yet and we do not know what to do next.

I was getting worried so I logged in to https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/ and in the next steps section it's asking us to book an appointment by 03 Nov when we've already submitted our IDV checks via the app?

I've checked https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/ and there are no appointments available up until 11 Nov.

So my question/concern is:

1- Do we still need to book an appointment and if we do then the earliest date available is past the deadline i.e. 03 Nov?
2- Is there an email address to reach out to UKVI to find the status of our application?
3- Is there an email to contact UKVCAS to confirm they received our IDV checks OK?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:16 pm

There is no need for an appointment if asked to use the IDV app. Your biometrics will be reused. Unfortunately, no confirmation is sent out. You must now wait to hear back

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Post by shoaibrehman » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:51 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:16 pm
There is no need for an appointment if asked to use the IDV app. Your biometrics will be reused. Unfortunately, no confirmation is sent out. You must now wait to hear back
So there is no approval email sent out to the applicant? Just the final decision in post?

Thanks

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Post by shoaibrehman » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:05 pm

shoaibrehman wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:51 pm
Zimba wrote:
So there is no approval email sent out to the applicant? Just the final decision in post?

Thanks

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is may not be possible in your case.

As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

Whilst UKVI has started to reopen some of its locations and services, this is not a full resumption of services. We will continue to take a steady and phased approach to ensure services can be delivered safely and effectively. Our priority is the safety of our customers and staff, to ensure we can deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines.

If your application was submitted prior to your current leave expiring, if the Home Office has not made a decision by this date your immigration status within the United Kingdom will be protected by statutorily extended leave under the provision of section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. If your application is unsuccessful and you submit an admin review, you will be further protected by section 3C until a decision has been made on the admin review. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

Further information about Section 3C leave can be found at the following link:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... %20applies

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Yours faithfully

Work Sponsored

I have just received this email this morning. Is there anything to be concerned about? We'd submitted the application on 01/09 and submitted ID checks via IDV App on 11/09 and didn't have any updates since this AM.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 pm

Zimba wrote:

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Post by shoaibrehman » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:20 am

I'm getting slightly worried now as it's 8 weeks today since we made our application and we have had no response from UKVI except a generic email to say that there's a delay in our application due to COVID.

Is there a reason to be worried about now? Is there a way to contact them to enquire the status of our application?

Thanks ever so much.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:23 pm

shoaibrehman wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:20 am
I'm getting slightly worried now as it's 8 weeks today since we made our application and we have had no response from UKVI except a generic email to say that there's a delay in our application due to COVID.

Is there a reason to be worried about now? Is there a way to contact them to enquire the status of our application?

Thanks ever so much.
The advice remains the same. There is nothing to worry