ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA legislation-based RC for entry post 31/12/2020 into UK: valid or not?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saddleback
Israel

EEA legislation-based RC for entry post 31/12/2020 into UK: valid or not?

Post by saddleback » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:35 pm

Pardon if this has seen already discussed. I seem to be unable to find a single point of reference on whether Article 10 RC would be valid for entry into UK after 31/12/2020?

Whilst I understand that my family members have derived dual rights to be residing in UK (EEA rights confirmed by Article 10 RC under 2004/38/EC) and UK (Pre-settled status issued in an idiotically 'useful' to applicants digital form only), their entry into UK can only be confirmed to the carrier only in form of EEA-based RCs still valid until 2023. My question is one but is twofold

1. Do family members require to change RC for the ones issued under pre-settled scheme?
2. Will EEA-based RCs cease to be valid for UK entry?

Thank you kindly

secret.simon

Re: EEA legislation-based RC for entry post 31/12/2020 into UK: valid or not?

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:05 am

I doubt that Article 10 cards issued by other (non-UK) EEA member-states will be valid for entering the UK after 31st December. The UK is no longer a part of the EU and EU law that does apply during the transition period right now will cease to apply after 31st December.

The ability to enter the UK (or any other EEA member-state) based on an Article 10 card issued by another member-state is a part of EU law (the Directive you mentioned) which will likely fall away.

It seems that Article 10 Residence Cards issued by the UK itself will remain valid if used for applying for Settled Status.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

saddleback
Israel

Re: EEA legislation-based RC for entry post 31/12/2020 into UK: valid or not?

Post by saddleback » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:38 am

Thank you Simon. It is my oversight as I have not stated that in our case all 'Article 10 EEA RC' are UK-issued.

I guess the biggest concern for us now is whether UK-issued Article 10 cards will be valid for entry into UK post 31/12/2020? With the childbirth in mind, re-entry back into UK may fall on the other side of New Year celebrations (anyone?!).