ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this employer letter sufficient?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LeafOnAWindyDay
BANNED
England

Is this employer letter sufficient?

Post by LeafOnAWindyDay » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:57 am

Hi all

I am sponsoring my spouse's visa. I work for a very large company (over 5,000 employees) and so have had to go through the HR department to get my employer letter. They've provided the below (I've changed parts to avoid sharing personal info). I'm not sure if it's right, however they are REFUSING to make ANY changes, as they said that this template has been agreed by the business and it's final. Right...

Do you think the below is sufficient? FYI we are applying using my employment, under Category A (salaried):
Dear Home Office,

RE: [MY NAME]

In reply to your recent request for employment information, I can provide the following:
Date started: 1st Jan 2016
Job Title: Manager
NI number: XXXXXX
Basic salary: £55,000

The above salary is effective from 1st May 2020. From January 2016 - 31st April 2020, [NAME] was on a salary of £61,000. The reduction is due to a company-wide policy to drop [NAME's] pay by 10% due to COVID-19 placing considerable strain on the business. Currently [NAME] is on furlough since 10th May, reducing his pay further to 70%.

I have downloaded six months of electronic payslips and attach them with this letter.

Should you require any further information, please contact me on XXXXXX.

Best regards,
[HR person - with signature]

[then six pages of electronic payslips]
What do we think about this? I really hope it's sufficient because HR are refusing to amend it :? :?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Is this employer letter sufficient?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:19 am

LeafOnAWindyDay wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:57 am
Hi all

I am sponsoring my spouse's visa. I work for a very large company (over 5,000 employees) and so have had to go through the HR department to get my employer letter. They've provided the below (I've changed parts to avoid sharing personal info). I'm not sure if it's right, however they are REFUSING to make ANY changes, as they said that this template has been agreed by the business and it's final. Right...

Do you think the below is sufficient? FYI we are applying using my employment, under Category A (salaried):
Dear Home Office,

In reply to your recent request for employment information, I can provide the following:

The above salary is effective from 1st May 2020. From January 2016 - 31st April 2020, [NAME] was on a salary of £61,000. The reduction is due to a company-wide policy to drop [NAME's] pay by 10% due to COVID-19 placing considerable strain on the business. Currently [NAME] is on furlough since 10th May, reducing his pay further to 70%.

I have downloaded six months of electronic payslips and attach them with this letter.

Best regards,

What do we think about this? I really hope it's sufficient because HR are refusing to amend it :? :?
I think it is sufficient. The requirement to state your job title,type of employment, date of engagement, income etc is met.
You are still in employment with them, that they provided you payslips.

LeafOnAWindyDay
BANNED
England

Post by LeafOnAWindyDay » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:35 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:19 am
I think it is sufficient. The requirement to state your job title,type of employment, date of engagement, income etc is met.
Thanks, one thing I'm concerned about is the payslips - my employer doesn't use the word 'authentic' and the payslips aren't stamped, just attached with the letter (and they are electronic). However there are page numbers on every page, including the payslips. Hopefully it's not rejected on that basis.

Covee
United Kingdom

Post by Covee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:34 am

Dear Home Office,

Best regards,

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Looks like it meets all the points

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:54 am

LeafOnAWindyDay wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:35 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:19 am
Thanks, one thing I'm concerned about is the payslips - my employer doesn't use the word 'authentic' and the payslips aren't stamped, just attached with the letter (and they are electronic). However there are page numbers on every page, including the payslips. Hopefully it's not rejected on that basis.

No worry on this point of yours.