ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COVID-19 - Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 2 General - URGENT - Please advice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zaclancer
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

COVID-19 - Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 2 General - URGENT - Please advice

Post by zaclancer » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Dear members,

I am very confused about the cornavirus advice and appreciate any clarification, please

I am on a Tier 2 ICT dependant visa and employed in the UK. My employer is willing to assign a RCOS for my Tier 2 General Visa. My current BRP has an end date of Dec 2020, however my spouse's (main tier 2 ICT) employment just ended.
The coronavirus advice page (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents) states that we can apply with a new COS even if the visa expires after 31 July 2020. However, my scenario is slightly different from the examples provided i.e. starting a new job or course.
Since it is the same employer, can you advice if I am eligible to apply for Tier 2 General visa along with my spouse and daughter as my dependant from within the UK instead of returning to India during this pandemic situation.
It is an urgent request for guidance and I appreciate any guidance/ help in this, please.

zaclancer
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: COVID-19 - Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 2 General - URGENT - Please advice

Post by zaclancer » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 pm

I'm in a time constrained situation and would really appreciate if someone has any information/ advice for this situation, please.

Thanks!

Ssubrama
Newly Registered
India

Re: COVID-19 - Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 2 General - URGENT - Please advice

Post by Ssubrama » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:54 pm

I am in the same situation as you...
Mine is expiring Nov 1st...
Only repatriation flights Available...
But Home office replied that it is a must to apply from Home country for switch from T2 ICT dependent to T2 general...