ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 (General) changing SOC code

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tascott
Newly Registered
Australia

T2 (General) changing SOC code

Post by tascott » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:15 pm

I am currently in the process of applying for an extension to my Tier 2 (General) visa with the same employer.

HR have issued me with my new CoS, and I have noticed that the SOC code (2119) is not the correct one for my job. I had a look at my current CoS with the same employer (which was issued 2.5 years ago), and discovered that they also had the incorrect SOC code (it kind of fits, but there is a much more accurate and specific alternative, 2112. Also, I was on 2112 at a previous employer for the same role.)

Now, it turns out that the correct SOC code 2112 is now on the shortage occupation list. This has a number of advantages of course, but most pertinent is that the visa cost is substantially lower (£460ish vs £700ish)

Therefore, my Questions are:

1. Is it possible for my employer to change the SOC code on my CoS, if I point out to them that they have the incorrect code?
2. If yes, then the downside to changing the SOC code is that I would have to make a new Tier 2 visa application rather than an extension, correct? What are the disadvantages of making a new Tier 2 application versus an extension?

My current understanding is that, because the correct SOC code is on the shortage occupation, that there is no requirement for an RLMT. Therefore, there would be no hassle in advertising the role, and a CoS could be issued immediately. And, in pragmatic terms, that the application for a new visa would be no extra effort/risk than an extension.

Am I wrong?

Any insights/advice appreciated!

tascott
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: T2 (General) changing SOC code

Post by tascott » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Can moderator please delete this thread please, it is no longer required

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T2 (General) changing SOC code

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:05 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.