ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds - Is it an average?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kudos123
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds - Is it an average?

Post by kudos123 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi,
I am applying for Tier 1 general and have this query.
In my bank statements, there is a period betwen 27th and 31st Jul 2008, where my account balance had come below 800 british pounds.
This was only for a brief period of 5-6 days, and before and after this period, the balance has been sufficiently higher than the required 800 GBP.
Does the HSMP office look for:
1. An average balance of 800 GBP over a period of time before the date of application
2. A balance of 800 GBP at all times for which the bank statements have been provided or
3. 800 GBP only at the time of application?

Also, if I am applying on 1st Sep'08, is it OK if I provide my bank statements upto the 24th July'08? Or will the statements be considered as not too latest?

Please help in providing an answer to this query.

Regards
Kausik

hop4best
Newly Registered

Post by hop4best » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:11 pm

I would imagine maintenance funds minimum balance has to be maintained over the specified period (last 3 months) without any dip. As we are supposed to submit the bank statements, ideally there should not be days where balance is shown less than minimum required balance.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance funds - Is it an average?

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:02 pm

kudos123 wrote:Hi,
I am applying for Tier 1 general and have this query.
In my bank statements, there is a period betwen 27th and 31st Jul 2008, where my account balance had come below 800 british pounds.
This was only for a brief period of 5-6 days, and before and after this period, the balance has been sufficiently higher than the required 800 GBP.
Does the HSMP office look for:
1. An average balance of 800 GBP over a period of time before the date of application
2. A balance of 800 GBP at all times for which the bank statements have been provided or
3. 800 GBP only at the time of application?

Also, if I am applying on 1st Sep'08, is it OK if I provide my bank statements upto the 24th July'08? Or will the statements be considered as not too latest?

Please help in providing an answer to this query.

Regards
Kausik
What does Tier1 Policy guide say? Have you read it? There are only 4-5 lines which are written about Maintenance Funds. Can you please read them carefully and decide how should it be maintained.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:48 pm

At no point during the said period should the funds dip below the minimum requirement levels.

orange
Newly Registered

Post by orange » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:29 pm

Quoting from http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant
"Important!
To qualify for Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System you must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself and any dependants. For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months for which you must show bank statements/other evidence immediately preceding and dated no more than 7 days prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period."
So, the bank statement should have been obtained within 7 days prior to the EC application and the requirement balance should have been maintained all through the 3 months period.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:45 am

1. The amount must have been held consistently for the entire three month period before applying. The 'dip' in funds that you have described disqualifies you from applying at this time.

2. If you are applying from within the UK, your last statement does not have to be less than 7 days old. That requirement applies only to applicants who are applying from outside the UK.

Both points are clearly made in the guidance notes so I suggest you visit your local BHC website and read the material carefully.