ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with information about previous applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

so777
Lithuania

Help with information about previous applications

Post by so777 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi there!
My wife and I are finally applying to become British citizens.

I'm an EEA national and my wife had applied for a family permit, residence card (5 year) and we then both applied and got permanent residence card in late 2018.

We are asked about my wife temporary 5 years residence card and whether she gave fingerprints for that one. We are almost confident that she didn't have to. Is this possible?

Also, we are asked about EEA family permit for which my wife applied for in 2013. We couldn't find documents for that other than the actual visa in my wife's old passport.
We know the month in which we applied, but again can't remember the actual date or whether she had to give fingerprints.

Do any of you know if it makes sense that she didn't give fingerprints for all applications but the permanent residence one?

(also, do you know if a clinical manager counts as a professional standing for a referee?)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Help with information about previous applications

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Fingerprints are/were not required for EEA applications - so "no" is ok. Also you can use estimated dates (month/year).
For acceptable referee professions refer to page 25:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:12 pm

I believe if she applied for FP in 2013 (outside of UK), then she had to do fingerprints.
But for EEA2 Application (5 years card) in 2013-14, made inside UK, there was no biometrics.
At least this is how it was for my mother who is non-EU.
When we both applied for PR in 2018, she had to do biometrics (at post office), and received BRC; but I did not do biometrics for PR (they only asked it from non- EU)

If you do not remember exact dates, put approximate ones and mention in cover letter that they are approximate.

so777
Lithuania

Post by so777 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:39 pm

Thank you both!
So Family permit outside the UK she did give fingerprint? We honestly can't remember as it was 7 years ago. My wife *think* she had to at the embassy but can't quite remember.
I also don't have the case reference... hope that's not an issue.
I did find the date though!

so777
Lithuania

Post by so777 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:42 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:33 pm
Fingerprints are/were not required for EEA applications - so "no" is ok. Also you can use estimated dates (month/year).
For acceptable referee professions refer to page 25:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
It doesn't state the profession. Are these the only ones accepted?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:08 pm

That is the guidance from UKVI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

so777
Lithuania

Post by so777 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:27 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:08 pm
That is the guidance from UKVI.
Yes I get that, and I really appreciate you linking that.
I was just wondering if those are the only professions allowed, or whether this is a guidance.

My wife's referee is a clinical manager at a charity, but she's not a manager of a charity, if that makes sense?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:32 pm

The list is the list and that is what is accepted. It is not a choice of "the professions on the list or someone you believe might qualify/be ok"
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

so777
Lithuania

Post by so777 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 am

Thank you all.
I guess we will have to find another referee that fits the list.

One more question if you could kindly help -
I've been asked about convictions. I have had one driving ticket sent to me (from an automatic camera) in 2016 and then a wrong left turn (again from an automatic camera) in 2017.
For the speeding I took a course so didn't pay a fine or had points. The other penalty charge (from my council) I had paid within three days.

I assume that I should include both in my application?

tudor2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by tudor2020 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:45 pm

Previous applications are the main cause of delay on my application. I left it blank by my mistake and it delayed more than 6 months. I was then checking through copy of my application and found the application history being missing. I sent an email explaining about the mistake and wrote the details of my application history. I sent email and shortly after I was granted.

so777
Lithuania

Post by so777 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:18 pm

Thank you!
I think I've got it figured out now. I'm hoping it'll be okay. I've got the dates, I just don't have the reference number for EEA family permit. Is that a problem?

so777
Lithuania

Post by so777 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:32 pm
The list is the list and that is what is accepted. It is not a choice of "the professions on the list or someone you believe might qualify/be ok"
Thank you madam.