ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child first British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gonzo14
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

child British passport

Post by Gonzo14 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:16 pm

Hi all

I was wondering if someone can help me please. I was wondering if I can apply for a British passport for my daughter. She is 4 months old and at the time of her birth I had “ settled status” and I have had it for more than 6 years. I am a non EU if that helps. I have been reading everywhere including the gov website and it states that the child is entitled to British citizenship. Just for my sanity can someone just confirm this for me please I would be most grateful

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: child British passport

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:24 pm

Yes,you can apply for passport directly if you hold ILR and have held ILR before the child was born.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:08 pm

Only provided the child was born in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Gonzo14
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gonzo14 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:22 pm

Thank you all for the prompt responses. Yes she was born in the uk. One other thing sorry to take up time, the child registration for British citizenship (MN1) does that apply to people who had their children before they had settled status. If anyone could explain for clarity incase there are others who do not understand.

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:22 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Gonzo14
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child first British passport

Post by Gonzo14 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:03 am

I’m in the same position as you. I have recently been granted citizenship but awaiting ceremony, however I also have had ilr for several years now and had my daughter a few months ago. My question is what’s better to apply for her passport now since she will be able to get it through my ilr or wait until I have my naturalisation the then apply for hers ? Because once I have British passport I won’t have the proof of ilr or it for sent matter for the future when I reapply for her passport again ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child first British passport

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:47 am

Gonzo14 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:03 am
I’m in the same position as you. I have recently been granted citizenship but awaiting ceremony, however I also have had ilr for several years now and had my daughter a few months ago. My question is what’s better to apply for her passport now since she will be able to get it through my ilr or wait until I have my naturalisation the then apply for hers ? Because once I have British passport I won’t have the proof of ilr or it for sent matter for the future when I reapply for her passport again ?
Do NOT tag your questions onto other members topics. You have already been advised on what to do. You becoming British is irrelevant as you are only British from the date of your ceremony, which is AFTER your daughters birth and for the child to get a passport, you still have to prove your settled status was granted BEFORE her birth.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.