ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying EC for baby to be born

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

orange
Newly Registered

Applying EC for baby to be born

Post by orange » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Hello all,
We got our HSMP approved in August and we are planning to apply for EC in January(which is five months after getting approval letter) . We are expecting our 2nd kid in the first week of March. Can you please tell us if it is possible/necessary to account for the second child while applying for EC in January. If not , what is the procedure to include the second baby as our dependant after his/her birth (in March).
Thank you in advance.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:46 pm

You need to apply for EC for the main applicant and his dependents (as at the time of application). Once your child is born, you will need to submit an application for him/her as dependent. There is no need/possibility to account for the second child.

Which country are you applying from?

regards,

push_hsmp

orange
Newly Registered

Post by orange » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:12 pm

Thanks push_hsmp!

I am applying from France.

2 more questions:

1) It is not possible to apply for the unborn child at the time of the EC application for the main applicant. But, should the unborn child be counted as a future dependant for the purpose of meeting the maintenance requirement (i.e. £1600 bank balance per dependant)?

2) Can EC be applied for a dependant after 6 months of getting the hsmp approval letter, provided the main applicant gets EC within the 6 months period?

Thanks once again.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:56 am

orange wrote:Should the unborn child be counted as a future dependant for the purpose of meeting the maintenance requirement (i.e. £1600 bank balance per dependant
While the form (and perhaps the policy guidance too) states that the applicant must show evidence of funds for each dependent who will be joining him in UK within 12 months, I am given to understand that BHCs in different countries take a lenient view on this condition (e.g. - it seems that in India if an applicant has a family who intends to join him in UK in the coming 12 months *but* is applying for self only, then he doesn't need to show evidence of funds for his dependents at the time of his own application.

So do check with BHC in France what's their stand, and if they confirm that you must show funds for entire family irrespective of whether they join you in UK within 12 months, then I would suggest that provide evidence for the unborn child as well (god is sending a special gift - you *know*).
orange wrote:2) Can EC be applied for a dependant after 6 months of getting the hsmp approval letter, provided the main applicant gets EC within the 6 months period?
Only the main applicant is subject to this 6 month validity condition.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!